Harryk Harryk is offline

Default 7 Habits of Highly Frugal People, or How to Get the Boat YouAlways Wanted

Canuck57 wrote:
On 24/04/2011 6:34 AM, Harryk wrote:
Wayne B wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 07:15:46 -0400,
wrote:

In the absence of a social compact, which Ronald Reagan began tearing
down, free enterprise is for nought. No strong middle class, no country
worth the trouble.

The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.

In other words, you can make your own goals, work towards them, and
become a winner instead of a loser. Right now you're a loser in my
estimation.

That's wonderful, Wayne, and when some wall street corporate criminals
do away with your pension assets, I'm sure reading the self-help book
you recommend will make everything right again.

What's your next self-help recommendation? "How Praying to Jesus Cured
My Pancreatic Cancer"?

HarryK, then you bet on big fat corrupt government and lost. While you
listened to "Hope and Change" I was watching not the lips but the
numbers and facts.

Hey, I manage my pension assets myself and I made money in the last 3.
Obscene actually. I am now spoiled. You need to think for yourself and
stop letting the politicians do the thinking for you.

I didn't bet on the government and I didn't bet on publicly held
corporations. I got out of the market years ago, except for a bit of
stock I still own for sentimental reasons.

I'm sure all your assets heaped into a pile might buy you a discounted
cruise on a third-rate ship.