Default Smaller trucks?

On Jan 7, 2:23*pm, Harryk wrote:
On 1/7/11 2:13 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

In ,
says...

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 13:11:09 -0500, *wrote:

In ,
says...

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 08:51:51 -0500, "A.True.Boater"
*wrote:

3) "Torque Steer": One of the most annoying habits of many powerful
front-drive cars

Exactly and I don't even think 2 liters is that powerful; but if you
are trying to pull out making a fast left turn in my Prelude you might
not really be turning as fast as you thought and you are smoking a
tire. (basically only one wheel is actually doing any steering)

I loved my Prelude. I loved it even better when I put the V rated tires
on it. Then I could take off ramps at 70 miles an hour and it wouldn't
get all squishy.

Off ramps are not the problem because you are decelerating into the
turn. It is when you accelerate into a turn that it gets to be in the
edge of control. (your typical left turn across traffic situation)
If you hit that "VTec" bump in the middle of the turn, you better be
ready.
I am used to it now but there was a learning curve.

Like I said before, when you need to "correct" you are going sideways,
not forward... and remember the first law of racing, "smooth is fast"!!!

This from your dozen hobbyist races of experience on a little motorcycle
going slowly around a dirt track?- Hide quoted text -

Hey, thanks for making the race team on topic We are currently
seeking sponsors for the 2011 season if anybody is interested in
working with a race team Scotty

wrote:

[...]

Why? The competition must be getting a little tougher as the kids age
and the third, fourth and fifth place finishers drop out. Planning on
winning any races this year?

On 1/7/11 3:12 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

Always plan on winning, if not, why race?

Why, for the fun of it. I did some SCCA racing when I lived in KC with
my Mini, a TR4 and a Formula Ford. Three years worth. I was never
competitive with the Mini or the Triumph because they were my daily
driver cars and I didn't have the money to do much serious tweaking with
them. I typically finished 10th in a field of 15. I was a little better
with the Formula A, but it wasn't my car and I didn't have to pay to
keep it running. I was careful not to break it, though.

I never "planned" on winning any of the races. The other guys had far
faster cars and more experience and determination and racing skill,
usually. I was happy enough competing and finishing without wrecking
anything.

I did it for fun. That was reason enough.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 1/7/11 3:12 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

And the Harrylies start in 3.......2........1......

In article ,
says...

"Spoofer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Spoofer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"A.True.Boater" wrote in message
On 1/7/11 10:20 AM, YukonBound wrote:

"Harryk" wrote in message
On 1/6/11 10:25 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

I still hate front wheel drive.. Just doesn't make sense to have
the
steering and drive on the same axle,

Please explain.

Scotty thinks he's right and the vast majority of automotive
engineers
don't know what they're doing!
How long did he last as an 'oil change' technician for Mr.
Goodwrench?

Since you have some back to rec.boats the signal to noise ratio has
changed. There is more noise and less signal. Why don't you stop
stirring the pot, and start enjoying rec.boats as a boating forum?

mmmm ................when in Rome......

*Your* in hell, normally called Halifax.

try 'you're'.................... spoofer.

Alright!! Nothing else so you have to turn back into the grammar cop!!!
How's that RAV4 that the salesman talked you into believing that it's a
truck?!

Duh!
The Honda Ridgeline is built the same way as my RAV4........ and it's
classified as a medium sized truck.

No it's not! You have a car. It does NOT have a frame, it's unibody. It
even uses the Camry engine!It's a cute girly car, certainly not a truck.
You got screwed by the salesman if you believe that it's a truck.

On 1/7/11 4:22 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

You are right, I am choppy and scarey to race around... That's why I
didn't race the final races this season after the injury. I was out of
form and my friends didn't need a "weekend warrior" on the track while
they battled out a three way virtual tie for first place.

Now Jessi is another story.. One day A.J. Catanzaro (DAGS) was training
riders at our home track. He kept pointing at Jessi as she came by the
group during the day and later I asked him what they were watching. He
said, "I was showing them what smooth looked like". Jessi was thrilled
when she asked him the same question later.. A.J. is known for smooth,
nobody does it better... Well, maybe Tony A.J. currently races for GPF
and has been flying back and fourth to Germany for Supercross where he
is on the podium every week, and at age 16 is the reigning (US) National
Arenacross Champion... Yeah, I will let him judge Jessi, not some
vulgar old fart who wouldn't know a spoke from a sparkplug...

If you are a serious racer, the only judge that counts is the checkered
flag. How many does your team have? Is your racer competing against the
16-year-old wunderkind? How is she faring? Are they about the same age?

Trucks Vic Smith General 32 April 19th 08 02:52 AM
Those %^%$% Ford F series trucks Don White General 1 March 7th 08 06:33 AM
Mexican Trucks in the USA? Sammy[_2_] ASA 2 September 18th 07 12:10 AM
Towing Specs for Used Trucks? Harry Krause General 29 March 12th 04 12:05 PM
old trucks and old boats Parallax Cruising 0 October 31st 03 07:12 PM