Default Smaller trucks?

"A.True.Boater" wrote in message ...
On 1/7/11 8:30 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 1/7/11 8:11 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In articleNb6dnZrukcPwkrrQnZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 1/7/11 7:53 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 1/6/11 10:25 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

I still hate front wheel drive.. Just doesn't make sense to have the
steering and drive on the same axle,

Please explain.

Pffftttt...

Yeah, I kinda figured *that* was the lack of thought underpinning your
absurd statement, "Just doesn't make sense to have the steering and
drive on the same axle." Fortunately, Alec Issigonis wouldn't have paid
any attention to you back then, and no automotive engineer would pay any
attention to you today. But, hey, go ahead...go through life wallowing
in your ignorance.

STFU, you don't know what google is talking about.. I have raced front
wheel drive vehicles.. Come back to me when you actually know what you
are talking about...snerk..

I do know what I am talking about; you do not. Your ignorant statement
is all the proof that is needed.

Please explain why it "Just doesn't make sense to have the steering and
drive on the same axle." Use your own words. Go ahead. Oh, it's

axles, by the way, usually.

For someone who said you were going to let the "Righties" stir up all
the **** in rec.boats, you seem to be doing your best to stay ahead of
them in the insult count.

He wants to be the first person in the history of usenet to be banished from an unmoderated newsgroup.

--
Ziggy®

On 1/7/11 9:19 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In article4PmdnUzVA_prg7rQnZ2dnUVZ_qGdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 1/7/11 9:05 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

In ,

says...

On 1/7/11 7:53 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
[...]

I'll go, but then I want your rebuttal in your own words. First when the
driven wheels are on the same axles as the steering, it's more
complicated mechanically. Secondly, you have steering components and
driven components that are under a lot of stress, such as CV joints
which fail very often. Third, if you lose traction like in snow, you can
steer all you want and you go in a straight line.

Could be our Google queen is playing some kind of semantics game.

Remember, all I said was front wheel drive sucks, he made a fight over
it...

What you said:

"Just doesn't make sense to have the steering and
drive on the same axle."

That's not the same as FWD sucks. Or maybe it is in your dysfunctional
brain.

Oh...and FWD doesn't suck.

Oh yeah, I forgot.. Only you can have an opinon... Later asshat! Isn't
that what that moderator at the gun site called you, an "asshat"?
plonk

Apparently your brain is in such bad shape you can't remember what you
posted a few minutes ago.

On 1/7/11 9:14 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
And anybody who has raced knows if you are going off the road, hit the
gas and get that back end between you and the guardrail. I did this
without even thinking about it a few years back when I hit the ice in my
Wrangler... I slid long enough to know I wasn't catching it, so as I
came around I stayed in the throttle t

There are advantages of front wheel drive which include

Lower cost - you have reduced the cost of the driveshaft and additional
hardware. The has an advantage of providing better fuel economy due to
weight reduction.

Cabin Space You have increased the space inside of the car, by removing
the drivetrain

Traction - with the weight of the engine over the drive wheels you can
have better traction in slippery conditions

That being said, there are many automotive enthusiasts and engineers
who agree with you that front wheel drive sucks. Auto design like boat
design is a series of compromises.

On 1/7/11 9:22 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote in message ...

On 1/7/11 7:53 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
[...]

No matter, just plonked him again.. Well see how long it takes him to
sneak back out

snerk

Been tossed down the stairs at the cop shop lately?

On Jan 7, 9:27*am, "A.True.Boater" wrote:
On 1/7/11 9:14 AM, I am Tosk wrote:

And anybody who has raced knows if you are going off the road, hit the
gas and get that back end between you and the guardrail. I did this
without even thinking about it a few years back when I hit the ice in my
Wrangler... I slid long enough to know I wasn't catching it, so as I
came around I stayed in the throttle t

There are advantages of front wheel drive which include

Lower cost - you have reduced the cost of the driveshaft and additional
hardware. *The has an advantage of providing better fuel economy due to
weight reduction.

Cabin Space You have increased the space inside of the car, by removing
the drivetrain

Back to this one... Show me the Money!!! ??? When was the last time
you saw a front wheel drive that had more room? The Spyder is FWD but
with the bucket seats and huge console glove box, it has less room
than my old CJ... The last FWD car I saw that actually gained room
was my buddies old Ford Torino and that was in the 70's iirc...

"Harryk" wrote in message
On 1/6/11 10:25 PM, I am Tosk wrote:

I still hate front wheel drive.. Just doesn't make sense to have the
steering and drive on the same axle,

Please explain.

Scotty thinks he's right and the vast majority of automotive engineers don't
know what they're doing!
How long did he last as an 'oil change' technician for Mr. Goodwrench?

In article ,
says...

On 1/7/11 7:53 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
[...]

That's because I'm a narcissistic blow hard asshole.

On 1/7/11 10:16 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:

Back to this one... Show me the Money!!! ??? When was the last time
you saw a front wheel drive that had more room? The Spyder is FWD but
with the bucket seats and huge console glove box, it has less room
than my old CJ... The last FWD car I saw that actually gained room
was my buddies old Ford Torino and that was in the 70's iirc...

Your buddy's Torino had front wheel drive, eh?

You need to cut back on the mushrooms.

Perhaps your buddy had a Olds Toronado, an interesting FWD car GM
produced for many years. After all, it was easy to confuse the two. Jay
Leno has a rebuilt and highly customized '66 Toronado with about a
zillion horsepower.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 1/7/11 9:19 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In article4PmdnUzVA_prg7rQnZ2dnUVZ_qGdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 1/7/11 9:05 AM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

In ,

says...

What you said:

"Just doesn't make sense to have the steering and
drive on the same axle."

That's not the same as FWD sucks. Or maybe it is in your dysfunctional
brain.

Oh...and FWD doesn't suck.

Oh yeah, I forgot.. Only you can have an opinon... Later asshat! Isn't
that what that moderator at the gun site called you, an "asshat"?
plonk

Apparently your brain is in such bad shape you can't remember what you
posted a few minutes ago.

Harry, why didn't you reply to MY reply about front wheel drive?

On Jan 7, 9:27 am, wrote:
On 1/7/11 9:14 AM, I am Tosk wrote:

[...]

If you took any of the cars you are talking about and compared the leg
room and actually cabin space using front wheel drive vs rear wheel
drive, all of the cars would have more cabin / leg room space with front
wheel drive.

If I was to guess, I would say cost savings and increase mileage (no
matter how little) were the driving force to convert the majority of
cars to front wheel drive. Traction and cabin space were just added
benefits.

One item that was not included in the "Google" list of the rear wheel
drive advantages is dependability. According to many fleet owners (ie
Cab Companies, Police Depts etc.) rear wheel drive is more dependable
and less expensive to repair than front wheel drive autos. This
advantage is becoming less as front wheel dependability is improving.

Trucks Vic Smith General 32 April 19th 08 02:52 AM
Those %^%$% Ford F series trucks Don White General 1 March 7th 08 06:33 AM
Mexican Trucks in the USA? Sammy[_2_] ASA 2 September 18th 07 12:10 AM
Towing Specs for Used Trucks? Harry Krause General 29 March 12th 04 12:05 PM
old trucks and old boats Parallax Cruising 0 October 31st 03 07:12 PM