Steven Shelikoff

Default Fuel transfer/polishing pump

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:17:43 -0500, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

I believe that was for OIL not diesel.

Not much difference between diesel and oil.

Steve

Rufus wrote:
About 4 years ago there was a couple guys on the group who managed truck
and heavy equipment fleets. They swore by the paper filters (paper towel
or TP) and used them on their own personal trucks. You could probably
find the threads on google.

Rufus

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

wrote:

I believe that was for OIL not diesel.

Not much difference between diesel and oil.

Not much other than viscosity, flow rate, condensate content,
contaminants filtered, use of the product being filtered and reason for
being filtered in the first place. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Steven Shelikoff

wrote:

I believe that was for OIL not diesel.

Not much difference between diesel and oil.

Not much other than viscosity, flow rate, condensate content,
contaminants filtered, use of the product being filtered and reason for
being filtered in the first place. :-)

Hmm, would be interesting to find out the viscosity difference of 220F
motor oil vs. cool diesel fuel. I'd guess they are pretty similar with
similar flow rates and condensate content. The contaminants filtered
would obviosly be different but the reason for filtering in the first
place is the same... to rid them of particulants.

Steve

Doug Dotson

From all the empirical evidence I have decided to use a Gulf Coast
filter followed by a Raycor with a 2 uM element and a Walbro
pump. Anyone have a source for the Gulf Coast filter? I'm tending
towards the larger paper towel version unless someone has good
reason that the smaller toilet paper version will be sufficient. I'm
struggling with using quilted vs perfumed vs little flowers though

Doug
s/v Callista

Rufus wrote:
About 4 years ago there was a couple guys on the group who managed

truck
and heavy equipment fleets. They swore by the paper filters (paper

towel
or TP) and used them on their own personal trucks. You could probably
find the threads on google.

Rufus

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Charlie J

From all the empirical evidence I have decided to use a Gulf Coast
filter followed by a Raycor with a 2 uM element and a Walbro
pump. Anyone have a source for the Gulf Coast filter? I'm tending
towards the larger paper towel version unless someone has good
reason that the smaller toilet paper version will be sufficient. I'm
struggling with using quilted vs perfumed vs little flowers though

Doug
s/v Callista

Doug-
I can supply you with either the Gulf Coast F-1 (paper towell) or the JR
(TP) filters and the Walbro 6092...I have all in stock...contact me by email
or phone if I can help.

Note that there are some clearance issues with the F-1 filter...see the Gulf
Coast Filter web site http://www.gulfcoastfilters.com/Product%20Info.htm
for dimensions.

Charlie Johnson
JTB Marine Service
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727.560.9065

Doug Dotson

Thanks Charlie!

I'll send you an email direct to get details. I took a quick look at the
GC website and specifically the F1 filter. It shows no indication that
paper towel rolls are used as the filter element. They show a element
that they sell. This is not a problem as a specific filter element designed
for the unit is OK with me, and I can always fall back on PT rolls.
Also don't see any mention of the Jr unit.

Doug

From all the empirical evidence I have decided to use a Gulf Coast