Jim Carter

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Suggestion: Get a copy of the Colregs and the Rules of the Road,
specifically. Then, get back to us.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan, there is no such thing as getting a copy of "the Rules of the
Road," there is ONLY the Collision Regulations.

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Jim Carter wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Suggestion: Get a copy of the Colregs and the Rules of the Road,
specifically. Then, get back to us.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan, there is no such thing as getting a copy of "the Rules of the
Road," there is ONLY the Collision Regulations.

Shhhhh.....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jim Carter

Jim Carter wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Suggestion: Get a copy of the Colregs and the Rules of the Road,
specifically. Then, get back to us.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan, there is no such thing as getting a copy of "the Rules of the
Road," there is ONLY the Collision Regulations.

Shhhhh.....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

OK....Sorry...... ;-)

Jim

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
In article ,
Jim Carter wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Suggestion: Get a copy of the Colregs and the Rules of the Road,
specifically. Then, get back to us.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan, there is no such thing as getting a copy of "the Rules of the
Road," there is ONLY the Collision Regulations.

Shhhhh.....

Actually, here's what I was talking about....

http://www.sailingusa.info/rules_of_...lesofroad.html

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Peter Wiley wrote:
In article , Jonathan Ganz
wrote:
Yeah. Get a sailing dinghy. Not only will it cost less to buy than a
PWC, it'll cost a lot less to run, too, even with a 2HP Honda 4 stroke
outboard.

I had a 4HP, 2 stroke on mine. I guess I'm a jet-skier... sigh.

But people like this one don't do that, because they not only want to
be on the water, they also want to go fast without learning sailing
skills.

Amended: boating skills. We wouldn't want to exclude Doug. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bill McKee

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
You better read the Colregs. A sailboat with the motor running, is a
power
boat. And all boats are to avoid collisions. The sailboat has to keep
going in a passing situation. They can not turn when they desire. I
guess
you figure you get to make the big tanker going up / down the channel to
turn to avoid you.

Yeah, so? What's your point? I know the regs and clearly you can quote
them. What are you trying to tell us here?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

That you are an idiot.

Bill McKee

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
I see you do not know what happens when the tanker T bones you. And if
your
sailboat is of any size, you will get Teed. And what about your sailboat
with sails up and motor running?

Well, having never actually experienced it, I can only go by what a
local CG offical told us at a seminar. I'm sure he could be wrong.

What about it? It's in the regs. Is the engine engaged or just
running? Are you talking about the propulsion system or the genset?
What about electric engines that are engaged and running but only
regenerating the batteries?

Do you know how you're supposed to tell other boats what you're doing
when your engine is engaged and your sails are up after dark? How
about during the day?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

If your gas engine is running, you are a power boat! If you are in neutral,
engine running, you are a power boat, if your sails are up and your motor is
running, you are a powerboat.

Jonathan Ganz

In article . net,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Yeah, so? What's your point? I know the regs and clearly you can quote
them. What are you trying to tell us here?

That you are an idiot.

Ah, a name caller. Well, ok then. You sure won that argument on the
merits.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article . net,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
What about it? It's in the regs. Is the engine engaged or just
running? Are you talking about the propulsion system or the genset?
What about electric engines that are engaged and running but only
regenerating the batteries?

Do you know how you're supposed to tell other boats what you're doing
when your engine is engaged and your sails are up after dark? How
about during the day?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

If your gas engine is running, you are a power boat! If you are in neutral,
engine running, you are a power boat, if your sails are up and your motor is
running, you are a powerboat.

What about the other questions.... come on, show us you know the regs.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bill McKee

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
I suggest you read the Colregs yourself, and get back to us as to when a
sailboat can turn and go in front of any other non sailboat when ever they
desire. Danger be danged.

Bill, sounds like you're unsure who is stand on vessel in the case you
describe; otherwise, you would know that a sailboat can not turn in
front of any other boat (sail or power) and have stand-on status.

What do you mean by danger be danged? Does this mean you would run
your boat up on the rocks or turn in front of another boat as a last
resort? Why did you get in that spot to begin with?

Please tell us.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I see you can not comprehend what you read either. The sailboat as it says
in the posting turns in front of the non sailboat. Who is the stand on
vessel? Your opinion, with substantiation is required. You are the one in
the sailboat. You going to run up on the rocks or turn in front of the 40'
fishing boat?