Bill McKee

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"Don White" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Bill McKee wrote:

"ladysailor" wrote in message
egroups.com...

You're right, I take off my hat and gloves when I'm being harassed by
obnoxious morons and turn straight away into a ****ed off sailor.

Probably like a lot if sailors, you turn when ever you want, and then
yell at a power boat for impeding you.

If you don't like the collision regulations, sell that stinkpot and take
up golf.

Another "sailor". It is also up to the sailboat to avoid a collision. I
have heard "sailors" declare they have the right of way over a tanker
entering the Golden Gate. There is no right of way, and the tanker has
preference, and if they collide, the sailor's estate may have to pay to
fix the scratches in the paint of the tankers hull.

Not all sailors are familiar enough with the collision regulations either.
In your case, sounds like you were overtaking him. You are the 'giveway
boat'. That said, he has a responsibility to give you ample time to avoid
a collision.

He has to avoid the tanker in the channel. If he causes the tanker to run
aground or hit a bridge piling to avoid the collision, the sailboat is going
to be liable for all damages. The tanker, the bridge, all the damage.

Bill McKee

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message news:fkaaf.4109
know what is involved with sailing. Married a good sailors daughter and
used to windsurf. But too many "sailors" figure they have the right of

way
as they have a sailboat. I have had "sailors" do a 90 degree in front of

me
when lifting the sails and the iron sail is still running, and then yell

at
me. They would yell even louder if I collided with them and when they
had
to pay enormous sums of money to me.

Bill, if "you" collided with them, "you" would be at fault. It is your
responsibility, under Rule 8, the collision regulations, to avoid a
collision.
Jim

Not when he is 15' from me and makes a 90 degree turn in front of a boat
moving 25 miles per hour. His responsibility requires him to avoid the
collision and has to keep in a continous direction when being overtaken.

Bill McKee

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
In article ,
Jim Carter wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Suggestion: Get a copy of the Colregs and the Rules of the Road,
specifically. Then, get back to us.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan, there is no such thing as getting a copy of "the Rules of the
Road," there is ONLY the Collision Regulations.

Shhhhh.....

Actually, here's what I was talking about....

http://www.sailingusa.info/rules_of_...lesofroad.html

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

And that has what legal validity?

Jonathan Ganz

In article . net,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
I see you can not comprehend what you read either. The sailboat as it says
in the posting turns in front of the non sailboat. Who is the stand on
vessel? Your opinion, with substantiation is required. You are the one in
the sailboat. You going to run up on the rocks or turn in front of the 40'
fishing boat?

I would say the sailboat, since your fishing boat would collide with
it, not the other way around. However, both boats would be at fault.
Of course, you're assuming that I have a sailboat smaller than 40',
not that it matter much.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article t,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
He has to avoid the tanker in the channel. If he causes the tanker to run
aground or hit a bridge piling to avoid the collision, the sailboat is going
to be liable for all damages. The tanker, the bridge, all the damage.

Bzzzzt. The tanker will not hit a bridge piling to avoid the
collision.

Bzzzzt. The tanker will not be damanged.

Bzzzzt. The tanker will not leave the channel.

Bill... who has stand-on status on the ocean?

Suggestion (not a hint): Stay away from tankers.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
Bill, if "you" collided with them, "you" would be at fault. It is your
responsibility, under Rule 8, the collision regulations, to avoid a
collision.
Jim

Not when he is 15' from me and makes a 90 degree turn in front of a boat
moving 25 miles per hour. His responsibility requires him to avoid the
collision and has to keep in a continous direction when being overtaken.

15 feet? 25 MPH? So, we're talking about 1/2 seconds? I find this hard
to believe somehow. Do you want to try for second prize?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
In article ,
Jim Carter wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Suggestion: Get a copy of the Colregs and the Rules of the Road,
specifically. Then, get back to us.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan, there is no such thing as getting a copy of "the Rules of the
Road," there is ONLY the Collision Regulations.

Shhhhh.....

Actually, here's what I was talking about....

http://www.sailingusa.info/rules_of_...lesofroad.html

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

And that has what legal validity?

The colregs do. Did you actually go to the link? I bet you didn't.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
The colregs do. Did you actually go to the link? I bet you didn't.

Well, have a great evening... I'm outta here until tomorrow
evening. Guess I'll go sailing and see if there are any jetskiers out
there who know the rules of the road.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jim Carter

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
Bill, if "you" collided with them, "you" would be at fault. It is

your
responsibility, under Rule 8, the collision regulations, to avoid a
collision.
Jim

Not when he is 15' from me and makes a 90 degree turn in front of a boat
moving 25 miles per hour. His responsibility requires him to avoid the
collision and has to keep in a continous direction when being overtaken.

Yes Bill, You would still be at fault in this instance.

You are breaking several of the Collision Regulations. rule 5, rule 6, rule
7, and rule 8. You have disregarded all of these.
How? You were not paying attention in rule 5, and allowed yourself to get
too close to the sailboat. You were going to fast to avoid the collision
which is in contradiction of rule 6. You, most definitely broke rule 7,
(part a.) in as much as you collided with the sailboat. You broke rule 8
because you did not take action to avoid the collision.

Jim

Bill McKee

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article . net,
Bill McKee bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
What about it? It's in the regs. Is the engine engaged or just
running? Are you talking about the propulsion system or the genset?
What about electric engines that are engaged and running but only
regenerating the batteries?

Do you know how you're supposed to tell other boats what you're doing
when your engine is engaged and your sails are up after dark? How
about during the day?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

If your gas engine is running, you are a power boat! If you are in
neutral,
engine running, you are a power boat, if your sails are up and your motor
is
running, you are a powerboat.

What about the other questions.... come on, show us you know the regs.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Was up to you to show the regs.