croberts

Hey Meye5, that is the most arrogant piece of crap i have ever read in this
group. i have occasionally seen a disdainful look from the same sort of
arsehole as you and I generally fart in your direction. what a pompous ass.

"Don White" wrote in message
Meye5 wrote:
If you are seriously considering such a teenie vessel may I suggest you
buy a paper bag to place over your heads as you launch and sail said
vessel? Truly you understand you will NOT be accepted by the BIG boat
crowd. Dont expect a warm welcome.

Bull****! He should be proud that he's a sensible responsible sailor
who owns the best sized boat for his use.
I'd nudge right up in-between them and laugh thinking of their monthly
payments, docking fees, maintenance costs etc.

Meye5

what piece of crap do you sail croberts? dont fart in my direction or i
will light it with a bic.

Moores family

croberts wrote:
Hey Meye5, that is the most arrogant piece of crap i have ever read in this
group. i have occasionally seen a disdainful look from the same sort of
arsehole as you and I generally fart in your direction. what a pompous ass.

Don't worry about the Meywhatsit dickhead, mate, just killfile it.
It'll be some kid posting on mum's computer. Until I killfiled it all I
ever saw it post was puerile crap.

How's the search for something a bit bigger going?
JM

Jere Lull

Default Best small sb

In article ,
"Gordon" wrote:

Got a friend looking for a good small trailer sailboat. What's best
in the 21 to 23 range? For instance, Catalina has made a gazillion
C22's. Must say something for them, altho some say they're not the
best sailers.

So what is this groups opinion as the best?

The Catalina's a great boat. I like the Rhodes a bit more, and they're
still being produced if he wants to pay for new.

We had a MacGregor 21 (not the Venture, but the newer version) that
served us well for a decade. It is probably the lightest and draws the
least, which is handy if you like to go anywhere.

BUT, take a look at the Tanzer 22, either fin or swing keel. They're
fast, comfortable, and forgiving; perhaps the best blend of qualities
for that size boat. An incredible selling point is the newlist:
aspect of the boat, you'll get as good information as can be had.

--
Jere Lull
prodigal1

Gordon wrote:
Got a friend looking for a good small trailer sailboat.

Okay, I'll jump in again. Check out the Shark. 24 ft. Hinterholler
design. Freakin' stinkin' fast and if made in the Hinterhoeller shop,
built like tanks. Can be used as a light cruising boat -no stnading
headroom :-(, or as a giant killer in your local racing fleet.

Don White

prodigal1 wrote:
Gordon wrote:

Got a friend looking for a good small trailer sailboat.

Okay, I'll jump in again. Check out the Shark. 24 ft. Hinterholler
design. Freakin' stinkin' fast and if made in the Hinterhoeller shop,
built like tanks. Can be used as a light cruising boat -no stnading
headroom :-(, or as a giant killer in your local racing fleet.

Again...a bit heavy and with a fixed keel, not the easiest to trailer
around.
http://sailquest.com/market/models/shark.htm
Ryk

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:50:52 -0400, prodigal1 wrote:

Gordon wrote:
Got a friend looking for a good small trailer sailboat.

Okay, I'll jump in again. Check out the Shark. 24 ft. Hinterholler
design. Freakin' stinkin' fast and if made in the Hinterhoeller shop,
built like tanks. Can be used as a light cruising boat -no stnading
headroom :-(, or as a giant killer in your local racing fleet.

Great boats! I used to race on one.

Still, you should keep in mind that they are slugs in light wind, and
that the fixed keel makes them difficult to ramp launch.

They are great sailing fun, but they wouldn't be my first cruising
choice...

Ryk
prodigal1

Ryk wrote:

Great boats! I used to race on one.

my first ride ever, on Lake St. Clair

Still, you should keep in mind that they are slugs in light wind,

light wind + Shark = beer swilling time, dockside or deckside
15kts+ = time to rock and roll baby

and
that the fixed keel makes them difficult to ramp launch.

such a minor inconvenience measured against the fun to ensue

They are great sailing fun, but they wouldn't be my first cruising
choice...

well granted, but the OP is looking for a _good_ trailerable boat
I'm focussing on the good part here
Whistledown

Gorden--

What does your friend intend to do with the boat and where does he
inted to sail it. I live in Ventura and lots of people take a Catalina
25 or 22 out to the Channel islands for the weekend.

I haven't sailed a Mac 26 but I can tell you that no boat comes under
greater derision. Many sailors have an almost pathological dislike for
the boat. Again, I haven't sailed one so I don't know how justified
the mockery is-- just givng you the scoop.

How much Lettuce ($$$) does your buddy have. There is an A W E S O M
E 28' trailerable trimarine. If I ever unload my current boat I'd try
to score one of those. For the life of me I can't remember the name of
them. . . . anybody else know what I'm talking about? The hulls fold
up to get towed. . .

"Whistledown" wrote:
There is an A W E S O M
E 28' trailerable trimarine. If I ever unload my current boat I'd try
to score one of those. For the life of me I can't remember the name of
them. . . . anybody else know what I'm talking about? The hulls fold
up to get towed.

Among other models, Corsair builds a 28, Is that what you're thinking
of?

http://www.corsairmarine.com

PhantMan

Small Boat Building Yahoo Group Leo Cruising 0 July 21st 04 03:48 PM
Small Boat Building Yahoo Group Leo Touring 0 July 21st 04 03:44 PM
OT Bush hatred basskisser General 210 February 16th 04 02:46 PM
Best Small boat/dingy for would be sailor jl General 5 August 21st 03 04:07 PM
New Book for Small Boaters Longyard William H. Touring 0 July 8th 03 07:11 PM