Ryk

Default Best small sb

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:50:52 -0400, prodigal1 wrote:

Gordon wrote:
Got a friend looking for a good small trailer sailboat.

Okay, I'll jump in again. Check out the Shark. 24 ft. Hinterholler
design. Freakin' stinkin' fast and if made in the Hinterhoeller shop,
built like tanks. Can be used as a light cruising boat -no stnading
headroom :-(, or as a giant killer in your local racing fleet.

Great boats! I used to race on one.

Still, you should keep in mind that they are slugs in light wind, and
that the fixed keel makes them difficult to ramp launch.

They are great sailing fun, but they wouldn't be my first cruising
choice...

Ryk