Longyard William H.

Default New Book for Small Boaters

Pardon this shameless commercial message:

My new book on small boat voyaging has just been published by McGraw-Hill/
International Marine. It's called A SPECK ON THE SEA and tells over 70
tales of people who have crossed oceans in remarkably small boats, as small
as 3 feet! Included in the stories are those of kayakers and canoeists,
including Franz Romer whose descendant still living in his boyhood home town
and provided me lots of new information about his voyage. The book is 375
pages and has 155 pictures, many of them published for the first time.

Finding good books about small boaters is hard to do because most publishers
want to produce books about yachters, or naval figures. This is a book for
"people like us", so I hope you'll get a copy. I'm offering copies to
members of the kayaking and boating groups I belong to at a discounted price
and autograph them and inscribe a personal message. The price is $18
(published at $24.95) plus $4.00 Priority Mail. Send a check for $22 and a
note on how you want it inscribed to:

Bill Longyard
2913 Bradenton Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103-5706