CB

Default Heh...Bubba's Book Sales Stalled

Friday, July 23, 2004 10:09 a.m. EDT
Bubba's Book Sales Stalled

After setting sales records in the initial weeks after its June 22 release,
demand for Bill Clinton's memoir "My Life" has cooled considerably.

In fact, the plummeting numbers may set records for the fastest sales
drop-off in publishing history, reports the New York Post.

After selling about a million copies in the first week, sales have dropped
by 95 percent, with the latest Nielsen BookScan numbers registering just
51,037 copies sold for the week of July 18.
The sales plunge comes despite huge discounts off the cover price by major
retailers - and oodles of free media granted by fawning reporters who
continue to cover the ex-prez's every utterance along the book tour trail.

One market where Clinton's publisher Knopf is hoping to see a sales boost is
Russia, where the presidential memior is set to debut in translated form in
January.

"The first print-run of Clinton's 'Life' in Russia will be 15,000 copies but
we hope to sell 20,000-30,000 copies," said Alexander Limansky, spokesman
for the publsiher that acquired the rights to publish Clinton's tome in
Russia.

Because of the vagaries of the Russian language, the translated version of
"My Life" will actually be 25 percent longer than its U.S. counterpart,
reports Pravda - and will include an interesting new detail not covered in
the English version.

According to political scientist Vyacheslav Nikonov, president of the
Politika Foundation, the part of Clinton's book covering his 1970 trip to
Moscow mentions "a good old man from the KGB who held salutary talks with
the young American."

In the English version, Clinton acknowledges that he had meetings with a
Moscow man named Oleg Rakito. But the book identifies Rakito only as someone
who "worked for the government."
--
CB
"He who is void of virtuous attachments in private life is, or very soon

vast left wing stupidity

CB wrote:

Friday, July 23, 2004 10:09 a.m. EDT
Bubba's Book Sales Stalled

After setting sales records in the initial weeks after its June 22 release,
demand for Bill Clinton's memoir "My Life" has cooled considerably.

In fact, the plummeting numbers may set records for the fastest sales
drop-off in publishing history, reports the New York Post.

CB, Can we add this to his legacy?????

--
"We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
Senator Hillary Clinton 2004, Karl Marx Manifesto of the Communist Party 1848

Harry Krause

vast left wing stupidity wrote:

CB wrote:

Friday, July 23, 2004 10:09 a.m. EDT
Bubba's Book Sales Stalled

After setting sales records in the initial weeks after its June 22 release,
demand for Bill Clinton's memoir "My Life" has cooled considerably.

In fact, the plummeting numbers may set records for the fastest sales
drop-off in publishing history, reports the New York Post.

CB, Can we add this to his legacy?????

Well, I see we've picked up a few more right-wing dumbfochs....
Bill's book is still #1 on the NYT best-sellers' list.

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush;
A vote for Bush is a vote for Apocalypse.
Gould 0738

Meanwhile, an autographed first edition of
"My Pet Goat" has become the initial volume for the Bush II Presidential
Library.

Next to be acquired: Curious George.

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Well, I see we've picked up a few more right-wing dumbfochs....
Bill's book is still #1 on the NYT best-sellers' list.

Yes, but the Times list is primarily based on wholesale shipping data,
whereas Bookscan represents actual retail sales data. Bookscan, I think,
more accurately reflects what's happening in the bookstores.

Gould 0738

51,000 a week is "stalled"?

"Throw me in the briars!" said Brer Rabbit.
Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:
51,000 a week is "stalled"?

"Throw me in the briars!" said Brer Rabbit.

Clinton's book has sold more than 1.5 million copies so far, not bad for
a bio.

Interesting book Gould 0738 General 4 November 6th 03 07:30 PM
Homer Hickam's latest book Lone Eagle General 0 September 29th 03 04:02 PM
Part time Boat sales - Make extra money! Joet General 0 August 29th 03 05:23 PM
Helpful new boating book Gould 0738 General 0 August 27th 03 05:39 PM