Ron Robertson

Default SF Bay and Delta boaters? Out there?

Just looking for fellow power boaters, sail boaters, bathtub boaters in
my area.
Recently got my 43ft Matthews running and am on my 4th shakedown cruise.
Pictures on my hobby website listed below.
Any other "Matthews" owners would be a real find. Not many out here on
the west coast.
Thanks

Ron

http://www.boatingupdate.com

Ron Robertson

Great news, thanks for the prompt reply! Impressive.
I'm up just off the Sacramento River on Steamboat Slough. Live on my
boat, old Vet having a great time!
Ron

Calif Bill wrote:
Actually, a bunch of us. Me, Joe Parsons, and more.

"Ron Robertson" wrote in message

Just looking for fellow power boaters, sail boaters, bathtub boaters in
my area.
Recently got my 43ft Matthews running and am on my 4th shakedown cruise.
Pictures on my hobby website listed below.
Any other "Matthews" owners would be a real find. Not many out here on
the west coast.
Thanks

Ron

http://www.boatingupdate.com

Joe Parsons

Hey, Ron!

Good to see another River Rat around these parts.

Saw the pix of your Matthews--obviously a labor of love. Where is she berthed?

My current fleet (well, a Gibson 36 and a Four Winns 195) live at Caliente Isle,
in Taylor Slough.

Remember--the season never really ends in the Delta!

Joe Parsons

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 03:39:41 GMT, Ron Robertson wrote:

Just looking for fellow power boaters, sail boaters, bathtub boaters in
my area.
Recently got my 43ft Matthews running and am on my 4th shakedown cruise.
Pictures on my hobby website listed below.
Any other "Matthews" owners would be a real find. Not many out here on
the west coast.
Thanks

Ron

http://www.boatingupdate.com

Hey Ron, I live in South Lake Tahoe but boat in the Delta several times
a year with my girlfriend, who lives in SAC just a couple of miles from
Garcia Bend. I have a 1972 17' runabout I/O. We really enjoy launching
at Garcia Bend and going south quite a ways. We especially enjoy
cutting off at Sutter Slough and exploring some of the quiet backwaters
in that area. We hope to maybe get out again sometime this year if the
weather warms up some...my SO says she is only a "fair weather boater"!
:-)

Bob
Ron Robertson

I live on Steamboat Slough just off the Sacramento River at a place
called Steamboat Resort. I'm the only allowable live-aboard and I love
my little corner of the world. I was the first boat to get in here in
ten years, the place only holds 7 boats total so the waiting list is
years long.
I bought the Matthews from Ben Mozzetti down on Taylor Slough and it was
a real messed up deal. As it turns out I came out way ahead but it was
sure hard dealing with old Ben. He's changed a lot since I last dealt
with him 22 years ago. Sad.
I have been working on her for 15 months now and am just about done with
all the essentials, next come the "frills" and the continuous work to
keep her shinny and well varnished. Truthfully a labor of love.
Next time you are headed this way send me a note and you can take a look
for yourself.
Ron

Joe Parsons wrote:
Hey, Ron!

Good to see another River Rat around these parts.

Saw the pix of your Matthews--obviously a labor of love. Where is she berthed?

My current fleet (well, a Gibson 36 and a Four Winns 195) live at Caliente Isle,
in Taylor Slough.

Remember--the season never really ends in the Delta!

Joe Parsons

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 03:39:41 GMT, Ron Robertson wrote:

Just looking for fellow power boaters, sail boaters, bathtub boaters in
my area.
Recently got my 43ft Matthews running and am on my 4th shakedown cruise.
Pictures on my hobby website listed below.
Any other "Matthews" owners would be a real find. Not many out here on
the west coast.
Thanks

Ron

http://www.boatingupdate.com

Joe Parsons

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:54:24 GMT, Ron Robertson wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a plan!

I'm down on Taylor Slough, on Bethel Island. Hang out at Caliente Isle.

Joe Parsons

Ron

Joe Parsons wrote:
Hey, Ron!

Good to see another River Rat around these parts.

Saw the pix of your Matthews--obviously a labor of love. Where is she berthed?

My current fleet (well, a Gibson 36 and a Four Winns 195) live at Caliente Isle,
in Taylor Slough.

Remember--the season never really ends in the Delta!

Joe Parsons

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 03:39:41 GMT, Ron Robertson wrote:

Just looking for fellow power boaters, sail boaters, bathtub boaters in
my area.
Recently got my 43ft Matthews running and am on my 4th shakedown cruise.
Pictures on my hobby website listed below.
Any other "Matthews" owners would be a real find. Not many out here on
the west coast.
Thanks

Ron

http://www.boatingupdate.com

Ron Robertson

WaIIy wrote:

I wasn't aware Matthews boats made it to the West coast. They have a
lot of history hearbouts.

Wally,
I would appreciate any "Matthews" info you come across. I'm just
starting to work on tracking the history of my own Matthews but all info
would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ron