Jere Lull

Default Best small sb

In article ,
"Gordon" wrote:

Got a friend looking for a good small trailer sailboat. What's best
in the 21 to 23 range? For instance, Catalina has made a gazillion
C22's. Must say something for them, altho some say they're not the
best sailers.

So what is this groups opinion as the best?

The Catalina's a great boat. I like the Rhodes a bit more, and they're
still being produced if he wants to pay for new.

We had a MacGregor 21 (not the Venture, but the newer version) that
served us well for a decade. It is probably the lightest and draws the
least, which is handy if you like to go anywhere.

BUT, take a look at the Tanzer 22, either fin or swing keel. They're
fast, comfortable, and forgiving; perhaps the best blend of qualities
for that size boat. An incredible selling point is the newlist:
aspect of the boat, you'll get as good information as can be had.

--
Jere Lull