James

Hi Jaxie DOOD my cyber PAL.

Wow, I checked out your record sailing simulator experience. Pretty
impressive.

Let's see, you said you sailed in 18 knot winds for 1800 miles.

Now let's assume that your sailing simulator is not being too generous
in assuming that you sailed at say.. 5 knots in that 18 knots of wind.
Pretty Damned fast sailing! You must have been scared huh?

Wow, sounds like you were stroking your joystick pretty liberally
throughout that whole cyber sailing experience!

You cyber sailed 1800 miles at 5 knots. That would take roughly 360
hours, or approximately 15 days. Funny thing is, you managed to post
here alomst EVERY SINGLE DAY last month too. How KEWL is that?

That's pretty amazing DOOD!

Then again, since your sailing simulator is running under Windows you
can multitask, huh Jaxie Dood? But that sure is a long long time to sit
at the computer non-stop stroking your joystick huh? I bet your butt was
pretty numb after that. Hahaha.

Then again maybe you used your cyber autohelm and slept a lot too? Only
an idgit would forget to use his cyber autohelm. But no doubt you stood
your cyber watches like a good lil Dood. Of course you could have
inflated the Mrs. and duct taped her little rubber hands to the
joystick. Wouldn't be the first time you and the Mrs. got into creative
duct tape uses now would it?

Anyway. that's way kewl Dood. After all, only a complete and total IDGIT
would post a B.S. claim that they sailed 1800 miles when in fact they
just sat at a PC the whole time posting on usenet.

I'd say you are one clever Dood... or something.

JAXAshby wrote:

last month, jimmie. you wouldn't like it, jimmie. the waves got near three
feet high at one point and the winds howled at upwards of 18 knots. scair
eeeee for bathtubs sailors like you who think that floating a rubber duck is an
opportunity to spank the monkey while claiming to be doing britney spears.

From: James
Date: 12/23/2004 3:23 AM Eastern Standard Time
Hey Jaxie DOOD, I got to level 1800 offshore a long time ago!

If you use a joystick instead of a mouse you can trim the cyber jib
faster and it's way kewl. But it works like a real tiller so you got to
be aware that left is right and right is left. Use a joystick and you'll
get to level 2000 or even more.

Hey Dood, did you try to lean way over in your chair when the program
said you were heeling? If you do that it almost feels like a real boat
but you gotta lean WAAAAY over and it's kinda scary just like on a real
boat! Maybe even wear a speedo and splash a little water around while
yelling "batten down the hatches" or some other suitable nautical talk.
You can find lot's of nautical talk online too, but you already knew
that of course. It makes pretending SO much easier. Plus there is a way
kewl help file full of nautical sayings you can use.

Mind you, you have to be really careful when you lean over in the chair
like that Dood. I did it too far (Cyber squall was set to stun) and I
fell right offa the chair!

"MAN OVERBOARD" I yelled. Wow it was scary. I felt like such a idgit. If
you try it Dood, make sure you inflate your wifie and put her on the
floor beside you (to leeward!) so you have something squishy to land on.
Plus she'll give you positive floatation. Then you can come here and
tell everybody about how you fell overboard and your inflatable saved you!

Later DOOD!

JAXAshby wrote:

dood, I just did 1,800 miles offshore. how about you?

From: James

Date: 12/22/2004 7:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
JAXAshby wrote:

Somewhere between 30 and 35 knots the wind begins to rip off the wave
tops and send them through the air like the stream from a fire hose.

I have sailed upwind in winds of 42+ and gusting and have never seen the

"tops

ripped off the waves". I have also walked up on the foredeck up close and
personal in 35 knot winds to take down one sail and put up another and

have

never seen the "tops ripped off the waves". I have also sailed offshore

in

40+

knot winds and have never seen the "tops ripped off waves".

Maybe my eyesight has gone all to hell?

Now Jax, don't be such an idgit, dood.

PC based sailing simulated 40+ knot winds don't count. Ask your wife
(after you re-inflate her that is) if some day you can go for a ride on
a REAL boat.

Dood, you have to get out on a real boat...computer silumations are not
the same thing. You'll see waves and birds and all kinds of things if
you can get a ride on somebodies boat some day.

Any volunteers want to take Jaxie Dood for a sail? He'll stay outside in
case he gets scared and urinates by accident. It only happened twice
using the simulator but you can't be too careful.

Let's have a show of hands.

James

Hey Jaxie DOOD

Confessing like that is pretty impressive. We think it's admirable that
when asked:

C)Did you soil your speedos?

You found it to be a sexual question. Diaper fetishes are way more
common than most people think. Not so sure about soiled Speedo fetishes
though. But whatever floats your boat is ok with us DOOD.

Good thing the Mrs. is rubber huh? Cleans easily.

JAXAshby wrote:

sorry jimmie. I am not interested sexually in any thing not born female. get
used to it.

From: James
Date: 12/23/2004 9:49 AM Eastern Standard Time
JAXAshby wrote:

Tell us about upwind in 42+. What sails were you flying and on what
kind of boat?

a.) just a small jib. b.) a sloop

Hey Jaxie DOOOD, you are being some kinda idgit or something.

You forgot to answer question C)Did you soil your speedos?

Wayne was good enought to ask..it would be rude for you to answer him.

Or maybe you're just being a fumb duck (again)?

James

Hey Jaxie Dood!

What's "A ACETONE"?

Is it a verb maybe? Like, hey you, get out of my way or I'll give you A
ACETONE you'll never forget.

Or maybe something to do with music? Like a baratone or A ACETONE?

I can't find "A ACETONE" anyplace on my sailing simulator program.

What is it? Can I call Sears and order up A ACETONE?

You are way smart Jaxie Dood. No way anybody would call you a IDGIT
that's for sure.

I wish I was smart like Jaxie Dood so I too would know what "A ACETONE"
is! But I am just a fumb duck who doesn't know what A ACETONE is.

Sadly, I don't even have any horribly revolting pictures of me in a
speedo to share. Makes me so sad.

JAXAshby wrote:

junnie, you gasp at the suggestion of a acetone on the early spring Saturday
morning.

From: Gene Kearns age
Date: 12/22/2004 9:21 PM Eastern Standard Time
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:36:05 -0500, James wrote:

Now Jax, don't be such an idgit, dood.

PC based sailing simulated 40+ knot winds don't count. Ask your wife
(after you re-inflate her that is) if some day you can go for a ride on
a REAL boat.

Dood, you have to get out on a real boat...computer silumations are not
the same thing. You'll see waves and birds and all kinds of things if
you can get a ride on somebodies boat some day.

Any volunteers want to take Jaxie Dood for a sail? He'll stay outside in
case he gets scared and urinates by accident. It only happened twice
using the simulator but you can't be too careful.

Let's have a show of hands.

ROFLMAO... oh, god..... I can't get my breath......

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC
is located.
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats
at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

* If you find that you are denied access to my web page, Please respond here
with
your IP address and I will see if I can open up access. I have been forced to
blackhole large geographic regions outside of North America due to incessant
spoofing and hacking attacks on my web server. Thanks.

Terry Spragg

Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:30:40 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

Those are streaks on the water surface. He's talking about the tops blowing
off and keeping right on going. It really gets your attention the first
time you see it.

==================

Oh yes. It also gets your attention when it hits you or flys
horizontally through your companionway.

Also known as a flying fish, or big gob of freezing Neptune snot.
Catch one in your face, lose your glasses while falling down, gybe,
get conked, gybe again, get hanged at boom's end, catch your oil
slickers sleeve end in a winch knot to windward with the storm jib
aback going aground, etc, and later, in the yacht club bar, all
bandaged up and seeking solace in Bacchus, you hear yourself
described by the power "captain" you almost rammed in 7 feet of
charted water after he snuck up close under your sail at 28 knots
talking about drunken sailors and obstructions and rights of way to
navigate unrestricted, blah blah, blah.

Never actually saw one get launched, but know they exist.

Terry K

Terry Spragg

James wrote:

Hey Jaxie DOODredacted

Go away, you coarse little man.

Terry K

Don W

James wrote:
Hey Jaxie DOOD

Confessing like that is pretty impressive. We think it's admirable that
when asked:

C)Did you soil your speedos?

Geez... Now you've made yourself the second person I've had to killfile on RBC.
Jax was the first. Plonk

rhys

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:16:20 -0500, James wrote:

Hey Jaxie Dood!

What's "A ACETONE"?

I believe it's the amplifier you buy for an air guitar...
Mark

Roger Long wrote:

Another common over estimation is wind speed. I was quite surprised

when I
started carrying a pocket wind gauge with me while sailing. . .

Part of your surprise may be due to the velocity gradient. The wind
blows harder the higher you are above sea level, with the gradient
being stronger or weaker depending on how stable condtions are. It is
caused by friction with the sea; at the sea surface windspeed is
effectively zero, rapidly increasing in the first few feet, but is
still several knots different from deck level to mast top, where
sailboat wind sensors are.

I've seen conditions (building wind from a calm) where it's blowing 10
knots 55 feet up, and only 5 knots on deck, measured by acccurate
sensors. It's one of the reasons the big boys with the ninety foot
sticks seem to be able to move in drifting conditions while the punters
are becalmed.

Mike Hendrix

On 24 Dec 2004 22:16:50 -0800, "Mark" wrote:

Roger Long wrote:

[...]

That would probably explain why so many more trees were blown down in
my neighborhood in Pensacola when hurricane Ivan came ashore. We lost
8 of 10 trees in my front yard. That was normal in our neighborhood
on the NE side of Pensacola where we are at 115' above sea level. The
neighborhoods at only 10' above sea level did not lose nearly as many
trees.

mike
--

Mike Hendrix