mmc mmc is offline

Default Propeller anti-fouling?

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message

Has anyone tried any of the anti-fouling schemes intended for
propellers, and if so what was your experience?

The question comes about because I just had to dive on my prop and
clean it. When I got down there I discovered a mass of "clams" as big
as a bushel basket. Took two days to scrape them all off.

True, for one reason or another, the boat hasn't moved in the better
part of a year but still I don't believe I have ever seen as much
growth. Must be either global warming or high CO2 content :-)

In any event, it does make one think "there must be a better way".

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I'd go with Vic's suggestion for extended periods or areas with warm water
like Thailand ;-)
Might hang a tag on the engine intake seacock to remind you to remove the
covering before getting, or attemping to get, underway.

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:51:00 -0500, "mmc" wrote:

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Been there, done that and it works a treat if you are going to leave
the boat for some time. In this case I was living on the boat and
working on a second boat. The enthusiasm for finishing the second boat
precluded sailing the first boat.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Anti fouling paint Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Cruising 40 January 17th 15 11:34 AM
anti-fouling paste [email protected] General 3 October 20th 08 02:09 PM
Aluminum bottom anti fouling Boden Boat Building 11 June 8th 08 04:37 PM
Anti-Fouling Hanz Cruising 13 May 7th 07 01:19 PM
Anti-fouling Geoffrey Freer General 5 August 20th 03 11:14 PM