Default Anti-Fouling

Has anybody ever put antibiotics into the antifouling paint, like
tetracycline??

Hanz

Brilliant idea; it would protect the boat
and whatever grows on it from bacterial infection.

Or wait, maybe it is a really bad idea, and would just
help breeding strains of antibiotics resistant bacteria.

On May 4, 1:38 pm, Hanz wrote:
Has anybody ever put antibiotics into the antifouling paint, like
tetracycline??

Hanz

"Hanz" wrote in message
. ..
Has anybody ever put antibiotics into the antifouling paint, like
tetracycline??

Hanz

No, but I put exteme hadanera sause in it once. Didn't seem to make any
difference.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

* Capt. JG wrote, On 5/4/2007 7:20 PM:

No, but I put exteme hadanera sause in it once. Didn't seem to make any
difference.

Except now there's a mutant race of salsa craving barnacles.

"Hanz" wrote in message
. ..
Has anybody ever put antibiotics into the antifouling paint, like
tetracycline??

I've used tributyltin and it works great. It comes in little bottles you
mix with paint for closets for mildew control. It doesn't matter to me
they outlawed it for boat bottom paint use. The very fact they outlawed
it means it worked better than anything else.

Wilbur Hubbard

I haven't, but it's supposed to be effective.

"Hanz" wrote in message
. ..
Has anybody ever put antibiotics into the antifouling paint, like
tetracycline??

Hanz

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
* Capt. JG wrote, On 5/4/2007 7:20 PM:

No, but I put exteme hadanera sause in it once. Didn't seem to make any
difference.

Except now there's a mutant race of salsa craving barnacles.

I have to give them chips occasionally.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Hanz,
It is already commercially available as an additive. The Tetracycline used
is the Bovine variety. Although I have not yet used it, I have been told it
is very successful. It is supposed to be used along with a pepper hot sauce
in even the cheapest ablative bottom paint. The theory is clinging animal
life does not like spicy environments. Furthermore, it isn't supposed to
**** off the oysters and thereby keep the greenies at bay.(so to speak)
Steve

"Hanz" wrote in message
. ..
Has anybody ever put antibiotics into the antifouling paint, like
tetracycline??

Hanz

Joe Joe is offline

"Hanz" wrote in message

Has anybody ever put antibiotics into the antifouling paint, like
tetracycline??

Hanz- Hide quoted text -

Is does not work. Guy tried it here on his dink, and in no time it was
covered with growth.

Joe

Fouling Props [email protected] ASA 8 January 12th 06 04:00 PM
ocean crusing & anti collision tactics.... ~^ beancounter ~^ Cruising 75 November 5th 05 04:37 PM
The Scheel Keel + ANTI VORTEX PANELS + Modifiying Keel Mic Cruising 1 September 23rd 05 03:29 AM
anti fatigue mats for powerboaters to stand on captkeywest General 6 July 1st 05 01:30 PM
Prop fouling Parallax Cruising 1 October 13th 03 10:32 PM