captkeywest

Default anti fatigue mats for powerboaters to stand on

Sort of like "Dri deck" in looks (but did not see it at dridecks
website)

I heard great things about these anti fatigue mats to stand on; I even
saw the box and wrote what I thought the name was but I am not finding
it with a search.

I thought it was seashoos.com

anybody familiar with this stuff-- got a link?

TIA, Robert

Doug Kanter

"captkeywest" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sort of like "Dri deck" in looks (but did not see it at dridecks
website)

I heard great things about these anti fatigue mats to stand on; I even
saw the box and wrote what I thought the name was but I am not finding
it with a search.

I thought it was seashoos.com

anybody familiar with this stuff-- got a link?

TIA, Robert

Call some restaurant supply places. They use similar stuff in the kitchens,
and because they're constantly bombarded with slop, they're made to be easy
to clean. They're also sometimes sold by places that sell industrial
cleaning/janitorial supplies. If you can't find such a dealer:

1) Go to www.rubbermaid.com
2) Find a phone number and ask to be put in touch with their commercial
product department.
3) Get some names of dealers you can order from on the web or by phone.

In other words, Rubbermaid doesn't make the mats, but they *do* make
commercial maintenance products which would be sold by the same type of
dealers that would carry work mats.

As a last resort, ask at some local restaurants, or call the purchasing
deparment at a hospital. Someone should be able to guide you.

DSK

captkeywest wrote:
Sort of like "Dri deck" in looks (but did not see it at dridecks
website)

I heard great things about these anti fatigue mats to stand on; I even
saw the box and wrote what I thought the name was but I am not finding
it with a search.

Well, we bought some rubber floor mats for the boat, they help a LOT
when standing all day. They are about 1/4" hard spongy rubber like heavy
neoprene, non-skid, keep wear off the teak & holly sole, and boy are my
feet less sore. They are called Connect-A-Mat (they're approx 2' square
with tabs to lock together on a bigger floor) and made by Mohawk. We
bought them at Home Depot or Lowes.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

John H

On 30 Jun 2005 04:05:50 -0700, "captkeywest" wrote:

Sort of like "Dri deck" in looks (but did not see it at dridecks
website)

I heard great things about these anti fatigue mats to stand on; I even
saw the box and wrote what I thought the name was but I am not finding
it with a search.

I thought it was seashoos.com

anybody familiar with this stuff-- got a link?

TIA, Robert

Home Depot sells mats for putting on the floor in kid's rooms. They're rubber
pieces, two feet square, with interlocking edges. They can be easily cut with a
knife to fit just about any shape. I've lined the cuddy with them, and they work
great.
--
John H

William Andersen

I bought the interlocking squares from Home Depot, and they're OK. The First
ones I bought were at Big Lots! and they're better - thicker. Too bad I only
bought a four pack. I added a couple more (the Home Depot ones). Now, my 19'
bow rider has a cushioned floor from the dashboard aft.
Our USCG Auxiliary patrols in San Diego Bay keep us on our feet for most of
the eight hours: we really appreciate the cushioning of the pads.
wrote:

Sort of like "Dri deck" in looks (but did not see it at dridecks
website)

I heard great things about these anti fatigue mats to stand on; I even
saw the box and wrote what I thought the name was but I am not finding
it with a search.

I thought it was seashoos.com

anybody familiar with this stuff-- got a link?

TIA, Robert

Home Depot sells mats for putting on the floor in kid's rooms. They're
rubber
pieces, two feet square, with interlocking edges. They can be easily cut
with a
knife to fit just about any shape. I've lined the cuddy with them, and
they work
great.
--
John H

captkeywest

THANKS !, thats the one- at the time I was preoccupied and had just
tried to jot down what I barely had a moment to glance at- I thought it
said "shoos" but now think there must have been tape over the tail end
of the "c" and I interpreted the "c" to be an "o" or maybe the box
was ripped over the ending cks. but that IS the one I was looking for!