posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,alt.free.newsservers

Default Gregory Hall Socks up to praise himself.

On Feb 6, 12:52 pm, (Way Back Jack) wrote:
Marcia wrote in reference to my antipathy toward most things liberal
(paraphrased):

Jack, that's a strange attitude for someone who worked at SSA.
_______

Yeah, I have this belief that society has a duty to help those who
cannot work because of a physical or mental impairment, as opposed to
redistributing the wealth to healthy welfare mammies, mammy.

Just another example of my contradictory nature.

Doesn't apply to me, Jack.
posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,alt.free.newsservers

On Feb 6, 1:35 pm, Kali wrote:
In article ,
says...

Marcia wrote in reference to my antipathy toward most things liberal
(paraphrased):

Jack, that's a strange attitude for someone who worked at SSA.
_______

Yeah, I have this belief that society has a duty to help those who
cannot work because of a physical or mental impairment, as opposed to
redistributing the wealth to healthy welfare mammies, mammy.

Just another example of my contradictory nature.
____

Posted from alt.free.newsservers

So, people who rely on welfare for 6 mos - 2 years for medicaid and
food while waiting for SS to be approved are welfare mammies, then
when their SS is approved, they are worthy of help.
--
Kali

Or, people who don't rely on welfare or medicaid, but whom Jack
doesn't approve of receiving SSDI because his crystal ball says
they're too healthy to get it. Also in Jack's world: Once on
disability, always on disability.
posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,alt.free.newsservers

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:35:04 -0500, Kali wrote:

In article ,

says...

Marcia wrote in reference to my antipathy toward most things liberal
(paraphrased):

Jack, that's a strange attitude for someone who worked at SSA.
_______

Yeah, I have this belief that society has a duty to help those who
cannot work because of a physical or mental impairment, as opposed to
redistributing the wealth to healthy welfare mammies, mammy.

Just another example of my contradictory nature.
____

Posted from alt.free.newsservers

So, people who rely on welfare for 6 mos - 2 years for medicaid and
food while waiting for SS to be approved are welfare mammies, then
when their SS is approved, they are worthy of help.

What part of "healthy" don't you understand?

Ok, let's take what he said literally. I'll read "healthy welfare
mammies" as young, single, black mothers, living at or below the
poverty level. Are white ones ok - the 18 year-old daughter of a
laid off steel worker, for example? What about males? They aren't
mammies, so are they ok for food stamps and medical assistance? What
hand-outs designed to help these people get off the govt teet, like
job training and Pell grants for college? Who will watch "welfare
mammies" babies while they are at work, or school? Who gets help and
who doesn't?

And while we're on the subject of "welfare mammies" - who is opposed
to funding for family planning, sex education, birth control,
abortion, educational assistance, job finding assistance, and child
care? The same people who bitch about "welfare mammies".
--
Kali

"marcia" wrote in message

Or, people who don't rely on welfare or medicaid, but whom Jack
doesn't approve of receiving SSDI because his crystal ball says
they're too healthy to get it. Also in Jack's world: Once on
disability, always on disability.

Once on disability = always a leach. Even if you can't work because of a
disability it's your family's responsibility or the responsibility of church
and charities if you have no family members. Why has it become your RIGHT to
force me as a taxpayer to take care of you because you are disabled, in many
cases self-inflected either by stupidity or sloth. (I use 'you' figuratively
speaking this isn't necessarily meant as a personal attack.)

How about you liberals reach into your OWN pockets for money and take your
filthy hands out of mine?

--
Gregory Hall

On Feb 6, 3:14 pm, "Gregory Hall" wrote:
"marcia" wrote in message

Or, people who don't rely on welfare or medicaid, but whom Jack
doesn't approve of receiving SSDI because his crystal ball says
they're too healthy to get it. Also in Jack's world: Once on
disability, always on disability.

Once on disability = always a leach. Even if you can't work because of a
disability it's your family's responsibility or the responsibility of church
and charities if you have no family members. Why has it become your RIGHT to
force me as a taxpayer to take care of you because you are disabled, in many
cases self-inflected either by stupidity or sloth. (I use 'you' figuratively
speaking this isn't necessarily meant as a personal attack.)

How about you liberals reach into your OWN pockets for money and take your
filthy hands out of mine?

--
Gregory Hall

Why is it conservatives' arguments always seem to assume liberals
don't practice what they preach? *Everyone* who works pays into Social
Security, not just Republicans. I pay into it; disabled people (in
most cases) paid into it before they became disabled.

You don't like welfare and disability; I'm not particularly happy
about how much money we spend on the military, particularly on the war
in Iraq, where we never should have gone to begin with.

I'm not happy about underwriting corporate welfare, or the fact that
my tax dollars were partially used to subsidize year-end bonuses for
the financial "geniuses" who were largely responsible for the current
state of our economy.

We individual taxpayers don't get to pick and choose how our dollars
are spent. We're all stuck paying for some programs and policies we
don't personally support.
posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,alt.free.newsservers

On Feb 6, 3:17 pm, Kali wrote:
In article f70e74df-b388-404b-a159-6058fcc87008
@i24g2000prf.googlegroups.com, says...

On Feb 6, 1:35 pm, Kali wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

There, but for the grace of their own feared God, go right wingers.
--
Kali

Absolutely true; denial's a wonderful thing. Not a single one of those
wingnuts would turn down SSDI if they needed it. It's always the
"other guy" who's leaching off the system.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:07:58 -0500, Kali wrote:

[...]

You make a lot of presumptions regarding race, sex, etc.

A thought cop or just being disingenuous, perhaps.

You know about whom I am talking.

And while we're on the subject of "welfare mammies" - who is opposed
to funding for family planning, sex education, birth control,
abortion, educational assistance, job finding assistance, and child
care? The same people who bitch about "welfare mammies".
--
Kali

With the exception of educational assistance, I'm absolutely against
of those left-wing abominations, Hillary.

posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,alt.free.newsservers

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:06:47 -0800 (PST), marcia
wrote:

On Feb 6, 1:35 pm, Kali wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Actually, the crystal ball is the Social Security Act and
duly-promulgated regulations.

Both for determining disability initially and whether it continues.