Default RBC is RIP

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
wrote in message
Marty wrote:
You dig out from that avalanche in New Bern yet?

Heck, the ponds didn't even freeze over!

I lost a bet, since I stated publicly that the snow would never
actually stick to the ground, unmelted, and accumulate to any
noticable amount. I will publicly admit that I was wrong about that,
we had about 3 ~ 4" (7 ~ 10 cm).

However, if I can be forgiven for being smug about it, it's nice to
live in a place where "winter" lasts about 4 days. Beautiful sunny
day, warm light winds, lovely sailing weather today!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Ya, I've been longing for Long Beach CA lately. I have to keep reminding
myself why we left there six years ago, but these long Wisconsin winters
sure make those little annoyances seem insignificant, from a distance.

Blech... go to San Diego... much nicer.

San Diego is indeed very nice. But the winds are often light compared to
Long Beach/San Pedro, which has some of the best sailing conditions in
Southern Calif. Plus, Long Beach (and San Pedro, where I am) is more
advantageous for cruising the offshore islands. But San Diego harbor is a
very interesting place, and near by Mission Bay is also fun.

--Alan

You're right about the wind, but compared to the SF bayarea, well, there's
no comparison. I used to live/sail in the San D area. It's hard to beat even
with a big stick. Nothing particularly wrong with a where you are... just
that if I had my preference, I would be in San D over Long Beach. The Queen
Mary gets old after a while.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
om...
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
om...
Marty wrote:
katy wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the
alternator belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting
arm. I kept the old one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Just throw it out...and get another new one for a spare...no sense
putting an old worn out one on in an emergency situation...and I
can't think of any alternate uses for a worn out alternator belt...
You're not being very creative, one could easily fashion a garrote for
use in case Neal/Wilbur/Whatever shows up!

Cheers
Martin
Only on the end of a 10 ft pole and suited up in a BioHazard suit...

Do you think that would good enough?

No....but that's all hthat's on hand...

Also, much easier when you have on a hazmat suit and using a 10' pole...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

You're right about the wind, but compared to the SF bayarea, well, there's
no comparison. I used to live/sail in the San D area. It's hard to beat
even with a big stick. Nothing particularly wrong with a where you are...
just that if I had my preference, I would be in San D over Long Beach. The
Queen Mary gets old after a while.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Then again, Long Beach is only a 4-5 hour sail from Catalina. Sandy Eggo is
okay as it goes, and is a natural stop on the up-and-down-the-coast sailing
route, but there just aren't many destinations within a short daysail's
reach of SD Bay. Haven't really sailed SF bay, so I can't speak to that.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

You're right about the wind, but compared to the SF bayarea, well,
there's no comparison. I used to live/sail in the San D area. It's hard
to beat even with a big stick. Nothing particularly wrong with a where
you are... just that if I had my preference, I would be in San D over
Long Beach. The Queen Mary gets old after a while.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Then again, Long Beach is only a 4-5 hour sail from Catalina. Sandy Eggo
is okay as it goes, and is a natural stop on the up-and-down-the-coast
sailing route, but there just aren't many destinations within a short
daysail's reach of SD Bay. Haven't really sailed SF bay, so I can't speak
to that.

I'm not really knocking LB... I've sailed out of there.

Why would you want to go anywhere from SD bay.

Lots of places to go from SF bay, but not in a short day and not in the
winter.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

I lost a bet, since I stated publicly that the snow would *never
actually stick to the ground, unmelted, and accumulate to any
noticable amount. I will publicly admit that I was wrong about that,
we had about 3 ~ 4" *(7 ~ 10 cm).

katysails wrote:
He's FROM New Bern...2 inches looks like 4..

I'm going to tell Mr. Sails you said that

...or maybe some melted on the
way down that I didn't know about...;P

Well, yeah... the climate is different down there on the docks than it
is up in the woods.
Heck, in some places we had about 6" of snow, but that was where the
wind drifted up kinda deep.

DSK

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 23, 4:15*pm, Two meter troll wrote:
On Jan 22, 10:40*pm, Bob wrote:

Arg!
Bob

Weeellll they got this new breed of seal you see. its called a nylon.

guess they get pretty big only takes two skins to cover a thirty foot
umiak.

Darn, Id hate to find one of those dead on the beach............. uck!

you must be much more tolerant than I. then again in another ten years
maybe i'll feel the same way. it cant possably stay as bad as it was.

Well,, the last time I was there was Halloween night 1981. i said id
never go back as long as i live. In fact I made it point to not look
in the rear view mirror as until I got to TX.

he he he I am from Coquille so this for me is in eastern oregon.

Coquille........ darn I was in the "bay area" just last week gettin a
cup of Dutch Bros coffee. I was looking at a slip in Charleston. Had
to stop into Englund marine by the bridge. Might make it my new home
when it warms up and we get some NW winds this summer.

would have thought i would be living this far from the beach.

Id say that qualifies......... sorta :/

Have fun with da boat ! I bet the Umpqua would be fun for a boat like
that.
Bob

Marty wrote:

Huh? 6" drifted up kinda deep! Katy's from the kind of place where
it's not "kinda deep" until you can't see the roof of your pickup.

Cheers
Martin

Let him have his delusions, Marty....