Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default RBC is RIP

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
wrote in message
Marty wrote:
You dig out from that avalanche in New Bern yet?

Heck, the ponds didn't even freeze over!

I lost a bet, since I stated publicly that the snow would never
actually stick to the ground, unmelted, and accumulate to any
noticable amount. I will publicly admit that I was wrong about that,
we had about 3 ~ 4" (7 ~ 10 cm).

However, if I can be forgiven for being smug about it, it's nice to
live in a place where "winter" lasts about 4 days. Beautiful sunny
day, warm light winds, lovely sailing weather today!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Ya, I've been longing for Long Beach CA lately. I have to keep reminding
myself why we left there six years ago, but these long Wisconsin winters
sure make those little annoyances seem insignificant, from a distance.

Blech... go to San Diego... much nicer.

San Diego is indeed very nice. But the winds are often light compared to
Long Beach/San Pedro, which has some of the best sailing conditions in
Southern Calif. Plus, Long Beach (and San Pedro, where I am) is more
advantageous for cruising the offshore islands. But San Diego harbor is a
very interesting place, and near by Mission Bay is also fun.

--Alan

You're right about the wind, but compared to the SF bayarea, well, there's
no comparison. I used to live/sail in the San D area. It's hard to beat even
with a big stick. Nothing particularly wrong with a where you are... just
that if I had my preference, I would be in San D over Long Beach. The Queen
Mary gets old after a while.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com