Bob Bob is offline

Default RBC is RIP

On Jan 22, 12:13*am, Two meter troll wrote:

This was once a grand pace to share and learn. Now near worthless.
Hell even skip hasnt posted lately.

Bob

I figure the storm will pass. its winter and most are locked on land.
so politics seems a way to vent.
I am just getting a couple SOF kayaks and one SOF skiff ready to
build. and lofting a 30 foot sampan also to start building before the
spring hits. not much going on here in oregon at the moment as far as
cruising.
*mostly sitting by the fire and working on projects to long sitting.

Ambious my webfoot friend !! What does SOF stand for?
The ice has finaly melted and my boat is finally free. That should
give you a hint where I am. What can i say: $325/ YEAR for a slip on
the river!?!?!? I have a few 2/0 wires to run then a little deck rebed
when the temp gets high enough for the epoxy to kick off. Then back to
a coastal slip.

But that will have to wait til my return. Im off to a quaint little
cajun village called Morgan City in 10 days. Argg! Maybe I should get
one of those SPOT things so everyone here knows where I am and then i
can make 3000 word posts describing the RV park in Galliano,
LA ............. uhhh, not!

So you at Haden Island or other ptown nooks? Have fun with you
projects and remember to keep a lookout for those guys with the Keep
Portland Wierd bumper sticker !
Bob

On Jan 22, 1:14 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

SOF is skin on frame. most of the teaching i do is how to build these
lovely ultralite boats. he he he i am up in the hills and thanking my
luck i no longer have to report to morgan or fuchon or houston or in
any way have involvement in the achafilya basin. I feel better and am
not stressed out as i was. it was good to work the slope as a
decompression but its better to be done with the whole lot of oil
patch jobs. have fun on your six

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
Going to check out my boat today.. I haven't seen her in a week.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Alas, my boat is on the hard, a few hundred yards away from water that is
equally non-liquid. Everything here is under anywhere from several inches
to several feet of snow, with the earliest possible sailing still at least
three months hence.

Toying with trolls isn't quite a substitution for sailing, but it'll do in
a pinch.

Yeah, I noticed you're replying to every single bs troll you can find.
Thanks for nothing. By doing this, you're doing exactly what they want,
which is to eliminate any reasonable dialog about sailing of which they know
little. Take it somewhere else.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:30:53 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
yareasolutions...
Going to check out my boat today.. I haven't seen her in a week.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Alas, my boat is on the hard, a few hundred yards away from water that is
equally non-liquid. Everything here is under anywhere from several inches
several feet of snow, with the earliest possible sailing still at least
three months hence.

Toying with trolls isn't quite a substitution for sailing, but it'll do
in a
pinch.

The problem, dear Brutus, is that when participating in troll threads
goes to the excesses it has lately, many of the people you hope to
converse with about sailing in the spring will have left PERMANENTLY.
All that will be left will be you, Jon, and a much higher percentage
of trolls, who will have settled in for the long haul.

Point taken. I shall endeavor to restrain my impulses.

Thanks!! You won't regret it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
Going to check out my boat today.. I haven't seen her in a week.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Alas, my boat is on the hard, a few hundred yards away from water that is
equally non-liquid. Everything here is under anywhere from several inches
to several feet of snow, with the earliest possible sailing still at
least three months hence.

Where are you? My boat is in a similar situation, though only about five
meters from the frozen waters of Deadmans Bay, at CFB Kingston.

Cheers
Martin
For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. For home servers or carrier class
installations with millions of users it will allow you to grow!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dnews.htm ----

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the alternator
belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting arm. I kept the old
one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the alternator
belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting arm. I kept the old
one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Just throw it out...and get another new one for a spare...no sense
putting an old worn out one on in an emergency situation...and I can't
think of any alternate uses for a worn out alternator belt...

"katy" wrote in message
om...
Capt. JG wrote:

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the
alternator belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting arm. I
kept the old one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Just throw it out...and get another new one for a spare...no sense putting
an old worn out one on in an emergency situation...and I can't think of
any alternate uses for a worn out alternator belt...

That's my feeling as well.. I'm just loath to throw things out. It doesn't
really fit any more anyway.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the
alternator belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting arm. I
kept the old one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Jon, for heavens sake throw the thing away and buy a new one if you want a
spare

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 22, 2:04*pm, Two meter troll wrote:

SOF is skin on frame. most of the teaching i do is how to build these
lovely ultralite boats.

Oh, I was at the Woodboat Museum at the south end of lake union last
summer. There was a huge one there all traditional and native. looked
like one of the Makah whalers.

How many seals did you figure youll have to club to cover one of your
boats?

he he he i am up in the hills and thanking my
luck i no longer have to report to morgan or fuchon or houston or in
any way have involvement in the achafilya basin. *I feel better and am
not stressed out as i was. it was good to work the slope as a
decompression but its better to be done with the whole lot of oil
patch jobs. have fun on your six -

Thanks for the encouragment. Its been 25 years since i was down there
last time. thought Id give it one last shot for the fun of it. Im a
lot more tollerant now.................

Have fun in the hills. My favorite area is the east side of the coast
range

Arg!
Bob

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the
alternator belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting arm. I
kept the old one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Jon, for heavens sake throw the thing away and buy a new one if you want a
spare

Yeah, yeah....

--
"j" ganz @@