Default RBC is RIP

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:51:39 -0500, katy
wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the alternator
belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting arm. I kept the old
one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Just throw it out...and get another new one for a spare...no sense
putting an old worn out one on in an emergency situation...and I can't
think of any alternate uses for a worn out alternator belt...

Excellent advice.

In article lutions,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

I kept the old
one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Then you are sure it is not good even for a spare :-)

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com

"Marc Heusser" d wrote in
message ...
In article lutions,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

I kept the old
one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Then you are sure it is not good even for a spare :-)

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com

heh...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:
Alas, my boat is on the hard, a few hundred yards away from water that is
equally non-liquid. Everything here is under anywhere from several inches
to several feet of snow, with the earliest possible sailing still at
least three months hence.

Where are you? My boat is in a similar situation, though only about five
meters from the frozen waters of Deadmans Bay, at CFB Kingston.

Cheers
Martin

I'm about 30 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin ("Happy cows come from
California; Ecstatic cows live in Wisconsin"). My boat is on the hard in
Marinette, Wisconsin, on the Marinette River just across the bridge from
Menominee, Michigan. Ice usually breaks-up in early to mid April, but it may
be a little late this year what with all the global warming bringing us
sub-zero temps. But it's only mid-January, we could always have an early
spring anyway.

Ah, you're probably colder than I then. I'm in a self help club, we all
launch on the same day, rent the crane for one day, everybody chips
in,,, saves a great deal of money but fixes launch and haul days.

I'll launch early May.

Cheers
Martin

katy wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the
alternator belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting
arm. I kept the old one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Just throw it out...and get another new one for a spare...no sense
putting an old worn out one on in an emergency situation...and I can't
think of any alternate uses for a worn out alternator belt...

You're not being very creative, one could easily fashion a garrote for
use in case Neal/Wilbur/Whatever shows up!

Cheers
Martin

Marty wrote:
katy wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:

Just got back from the boat.. all is in good shape. Replaced the
alternator belt, which was stretched to the limit of the adjusting
arm. I kept the old one, but I'm not sure it's good even for a spare.

Just throw it out...and get another new one for a spare...no sense
putting an old worn out one on in an emergency situation...and I
can't think of any alternate uses for a worn out alternator belt...

You're not being very creative, one could easily fashion a garrote for
use in case Neal/Wilbur/Whatever shows up!

Cheers
Martin

Only on the end of a 10 ft pole and suited up in a BioHazard suit...

On Jan 22, 10:40*pm, Bob wrote:
On Jan 22, 2:04*pm, Two meter troll wrote:

SOF is skin on frame. most of the teaching i do is how to build these
lovely ultralite boats.

Oh, I was at the Woodboat Museum at the south end of lake union last
summer. There was a huge one there all traditional and native. looked
like one of the Makah whalers.

How many seals did you figure youll have to club to cover one of your
boats?

he he he i am up in the hills and thanking my
luck i no longer have to report to morgan or fuchon or houston or in
any way have involvement in the achafilya basin. *I feel better and am
not stressed out as i was. it was good to work the slope as a
decompression but its better to be done with the whole lot of oil
patch jobs. have fun on your six -

Thanks for the encouragment. Its been 25 years since i was down there
last time. thought Id give it one last shot for the fun of it. Im a
lot more tollerant now.................

Have fun in the hills. My favorite area is the east side of the coast
range *

Arg!
Bob

Weeellll they got this new breed of seal you see. its called a nylon.
guess they get pretty big only takes two skins to cover a thirty foot
umiak.

you must be much more tolerant than I. then again in another ten years
maybe i'll feel the same way. it cant possably stay as bad as it was.

he he he I am from Coquille so this for me is in eastern oregon. never
would have thought i would be living this far from the beach.

katy wrote:
KLC Lewis wrote:
[...]

You dig out from that avalanche in New Bern yet?

Cheers
Martin

Marty wrote:
You dig out from that avalanche in New Bern yet?

Heck, the ponds didn't even freeze over!

I lost a bet, since I stated publicly that the snow would never
actually stick to the ground, unmelted, and accumulate to any
noticable amount. I will publicly admit that I was wrong about that,
we had about 3 ~ 4" (7 ~ 10 cm).

However, if I can be forgiven for being smug about it, it's nice to
live in a place where "winter" lasts about 4 days. Beautiful sunny
day, warm light winds, lovely sailing weather today!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King