Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default RBC is RIP

KLC Lewis wrote:
"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:
Alas, my boat is on the hard, a few hundred yards away from water that is
equally non-liquid. Everything here is under anywhere from several inches
to several feet of snow, with the earliest possible sailing still at
least three months hence.

Where are you? My boat is in a similar situation, though only about five
meters from the frozen waters of Deadmans Bay, at CFB Kingston.

Cheers
Martin

I'm about 30 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin ("Happy cows come from
California; Ecstatic cows live in Wisconsin"). My boat is on the hard in
Marinette, Wisconsin, on the Marinette River just across the bridge from
Menominee, Michigan. Ice usually breaks-up in early to mid April, but it may
be a little late this year what with all the global warming bringing us
sub-zero temps. But it's only mid-January, we could always have an early
spring anyway.

Ah, you're probably colder than I then. I'm in a self help club, we all
launch on the same day, rent the crane for one day, everybody chips
in,,, saves a great deal of money but fixes launch and haul days.

I'll launch early May.

Cheers
Martin