katy katy is offline

Default RBC is RIP

Marty wrote:
KLC Lewis wrote:
"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
KLC Lewis wrote:
Alas, my boat is on the hard, a few hundred yards away from water
that is equally non-liquid. Everything here is under anywhere from
several inches to several feet of snow, with the earliest possible
sailing still at least three months hence.
Where are you? My boat is in a similar situation, though only about
five meters from the frozen waters of Deadmans Bay, at CFB Kingston.

Cheers
Martin

I'm about 30 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin ("Happy cows come
from California; Ecstatic cows live in Wisconsin"). My boat is on the
hard in Marinette, Wisconsin, on the Marinette River just across the
bridge from Menominee, Michigan. Ice usually breaks-up in early to mid
April, but it may be a little late this year what with all the global
warming bringing us sub-zero temps. But it's only mid-January, we
could always have an early spring anyway.

Ah, you're probably colder than I then. I'm in a self help club, we all
launch on the same day, rent the crane for one day, everybody chips
in,,, saves a great deal of money but fixes launch and haul days.

I'll launch early May.

Cheers
Martin

Suffer!!!!