Default Bankruptcy inevitable...

Dave wrote in
:

Guess Larry didn't do any Christmas shopping. Major Dept. stores were
offering unprecedented discounts to unload their inventory by
year-end. Every place you turned there were signs "take 30% off" "take
50% off." You used to see that post-holiday, but not pre-holiday.

Being the only one left in my family....I don't have much of a Christmas
outside the parrots, who are pretty easy to please if you have Monkey
Biscuits in your pocket. I give my friends' kids money so they can have
more Christmas this coming weekend of stuff they want, while taking back
the crap the adults bought they can't stand....

I noted the signs and the "limited time offer" nonsense. The brick and
mortars STILL think we are going back to the "good ol' days" of jacking
up the prices every other week by 25%, month after month, as the money
became more worthless and everybody had lots of it. I think they are
****ing to windward in 2009-2010 and maybe beyond.

Well, the Liquidations will begin today or tomorrow. It's way beyond
50% off on a few items as loss leaders. They've got to liquidate stock
to feed the kids, now.

Vic Smith wrote in
:

Weren't you talking about Rotella oil or some such?
Hey, as long as you want it, the price won't come down!
Seems in the past retailers will only go so low with prices, then
their stock ends up with discounters and employees, who unload it at
garage sales. Maybe now ebay.
But it's complicated as all get-out.
You always have to keep your eyes open for real deals, and usually
when you see one, it's right after you paid retail!

--Vic

I have a letter nearly ready to ship to my state Attorney General next
week. It is entitled "Price Gouging or Price Fixing?" I hope it will
result in getting him interested, at least, intaking a look at these
outrageous overpricing on oil products....ALL oil products. The raw
material has dropped $113, 78% from the high of $145/bbl. To keep the
prices at that level is price gouging. If the oil barons are telling
everyone to maintain that price, it's price fixing. Either one is
illegal in South Carolina. It's time the AG's office started looking
into the phenomenon.

On Dec 26, 12:51*pm, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:53:17 -0800 (PST), Two meter troll
said:

bad part is with this no wharehousing idea the slow down hits a much
larger pool than it should.

Not following you here. With just in time systems, when the stock on the
shelves is sold the retailer has to crank up his suppliers faster because
there's nothing in the warehouse to sell off first.

the factories dont have any storage so the line works only when there
is a demand. no demand, no work, no mony for goods, factory closes
down, no jobs, no money for goods, no demand.

So you're looking at the finished goods inventory, not raw material, *and
you're *thinking that it would be better to build up excess finished goods
inventories that would have to be sold down before additional production
starts, and to pay the additional capital costs of carrying those
inventories over the long term?

we dont even have raw materials in storage. most buisness have
reworked in the last twenty years to near on demand. this means there
is no real backup. if the thread makers are waiting for the weavers to
order thread and the weavers are waiting for an order of calico and no
order comes in the weavers dont work, the thread makers dont work, the
spinners dont work and the cotton farmer is stuck with barn full of
stuff he cant sell.
it all just goes systemic. warehousing provided a backup to an extent
and allowed for the trade in goods that could be bought short in one
place a sold long in another.

the current model allows flexability to hit fads and trends quickly
but it was never ment to handle scarcity and recession.
if the weavers produce no cloth then the seamstresses dont work. with
no one working no one can make money and it just gets worse.
posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 16:58:55 +0000, Larry said:

That's what's queer. Consumption is way down but prices haven't dropped!

Guess Larry didn't do any Christmas shopping. Major Dept. stores were
offering unprecedented discounts to unload their inventory by year-end.
Every place you turned there were signs "take 30% off" "take 50% off." You
used to see that post-holiday, but not pre-holiday.

- I was shopping for a stool. That's still too expensive for a stool.

- i duuno somehow 5000 does seem all that much

- so I went to harleysville,

- then I sent my aunt a
youtube video of Cheney shapeshifting into a reptilian. HAHA it was so
stoopid!

- birthstone necklace? did you say NECKLACE? i remember a while ago
when my aunt was going on and on about her jewelry, she specifically
metnioned she had no necklaces because she couldn't wear them because
they caught on those 'growths' on her neck. YUCK! that's mostly what they
have on sale. yuck

mk5000

"Girl hey you go girl.
De le de le that that that girl.
Girl hey you go girl.
Baby baby baby baby girl. "--solange knowles

posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

"Two meter troll" wrote in message

nope and prices wont for a little while. right now they are holding
prices up for the holidays and winter. captive audiance dontchak now.
i would wait for spring if i was to bet on this and watch the prices
start to drop. mid summer and shops are going to be sweating it trying
to get stock out the door.

bad part is with this no wharehousing idea the slow down hits a much
larger pool than it should.

=====

they just announced some numbers tonight.

27 percent hardest hit, electronics.

shoes and women's clothes almost as hard hit

mk5000

"Troubling, stumbling, fumbling for the words to say that I'm leaving you
Leaving you
Troubling, stumbling, fumbling for the words to say that I'm leaving you
(You always said that we'd make it through) "--Solange Knowles

On Dec 28, 2:37*pm, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:19:56 -0800 (PST), Two meter troll
said:

the current model allows flexability to hit fads and trends quickly
but it was never ment to handle scarcity and recession.
if the weavers produce no cloth then the seamstresses dont work. with
no one working no one can make money and it just gets worse.

Perhaps you should become a consultant to the domestic weavers g. I
wouldn't hire you, but they say there's a sucker born..

each to his own.
i hear yall bitching and i am not. one of us must be right.