Don ßćiley

Default Off Topic Posting Has Finally Hit Its Inevitable Bottom.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

As most of you know, I use Agent as a newsreader. I have, over the last

6-8
months, aggressively (automated) filtered the newsgroup, first on "OT" as
advertised in the Subject line, then on "political" words in the subject,

and
finally on certain posters that refused, for whatever selfish reasons, to

(1)
identify their post as off topic and (2) to post enough On Topic

information to
warrant wading through all of their contributions. Agent also allows for
killing entire threads manually, if the reader deems the subject line
disinteresting and I have used this method more and more in the previous

few
weeks.

A few weeks ago, I had loaded Agent on a different computer and

inadvertently
failed to copy the filter file information from the backup.... the net

result
was that I had no filters, but I wasn't seeing any of the offending

poster's
names, either!!! Imagine my surprise, today, when I realized that I was
manually filtering 99.9% of the off topic content solely by Subject line!

I was
amazed and Googled up confirmation.

What does this mean? It means that the posters that I had kill filed for
refusing to post significantly on topic were now posting *exclusively* Off
Topic! They've finally reached the lowest of lows.... posting,

polluting, and
vandalizing a boating newsgroup when they have absolutely no expressed

interest
in boating.

It also means they have become that much easier to filter.......

--
23' Grady White, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC

is located.
http://southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time

Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

blah, blah, blah...

Are the fish biting????

db

jim--

[...]

You regularly exchange posts here with Krause, perhaps the biggest offender
of OT posts and starting OT threads.

Is he now in your bozo file or are you going to continue to be a hypocrite?

jim--

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:15:19 -0400, "jim--" wrote:

You regularly exchange posts here with Krause, perhaps the biggest

offender
of OT posts and starting OT threads.

Is he now in your bozo file or are you going to continue to be a

hypocrite?

I think, upon examination, you (or anyone with any interest) will find

your
statement, "You regularly exchange posts here with Krause" to be clearly

untrue.

Harry has managed to escape the killfile by starting his subject line with

the
"OT" warning. I don't see his political posts because they are removed by
subject before I see them. Why don't you do the same?

Ah, but I do.

You have already posted that you believe rec.boats to be a poor boating
resource. You have publicly admitted that you do not come here to discuss
boating.

Agreed, I said that a while back. I hope your dick is as long as your
memory.

You privately emailed people with URLs of boating forums and encouraged
them to leave rec.boats for these forums.

I posted URL's of boating forums in this NG when folks asked what was out
there. I never privately emailed them Please don't make up stories. That
is certainly not true.

What *were* your motivations. There
is no single OT poster with more of an agenda for OT posting and a hatred

for
rec.boats.

Try again, there are plenty. But you obviously have a hard on for me, but
that's OK.

Who would be more deserving of an OT killfile than you? and why?

You certainly are an anrgy guy Eugene. I could care less if you killfile me.
In fact, please do.

--
23' Grady White, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC

is located.
http://southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time

Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Banned

Location: Philippines
Send a message via ICQ to Efferylew

I hope to meet you at the Autosport Show, I plan to attend the Thursday and Sunday
Not bad for our first attempt - especially given the prowess (and budgets) of the opposition this necessity is the mother of invention
background layout sexy

i love you