Default Bankruptcy inevitable...

Let the After Christmas LIQUIDATIONS begin!....

I just watched a piece on Bloomberg from California, of all places,
about Bank Owned property auctions going on hour after hour. A guy
bought a $440,000 house for $56,000, about its right price for such a
small house.

We're gonna see some helluva great bargains starting tomorrow. My
neighbor called me a little while ago. She said there are people
working all night in the malls marking stuff down....

If Ford Motor Company price drops $1.11 more, they'll be DELISTED!

.....now if we can only get WalMart to come down on the price of Rotella
T which hasn't dropped in price a single penny since oil was $145/bbl.
Damned thieves....$11.77/gallon in Charleston's WalMart or about
anyplace else.

Price fixing?

Keeping my eye on Circuit City for the liquidators to arrive......
Your faithful reporter.....

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:56:51 +0000, Larry wrote:

If Ford Motor Company price drops $1.11 more, they'll be DELISTED!

Your faithful reporter.....

I hear exchanges are planning to suspend listing limits pro temp.

Brian W

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

Which is fine until the price drops start to multiply out of control. Then,
you get deflation. While fine in the short term, as it "creates money," it's
bad if it turns into a death spiral. This leads to lower prices, lower
wages, then lower prices, lower wages, etc., until you get a $1 for a days
work. Not a good scenario for a modern economy in my opinion.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Which is fine until the price drops start to multiply out of control.
Then, you get deflation. While fine in the short term, as it "creates
money," it's bad if it turns into a death spiral. This leads to lower
prices, lower wages, then lower prices, lower wages, etc., until you
get a $1 for a days work. Not a good scenario for a modern economy in
my opinion.

You're dead on correct. But, alas, something "funny" is going on. Food
continues to skyrocket in price. A friend in Brewster, NY, told me he
paid $5.40 per pound for CHICKEN at their local supermarket! Lube oil
prices anywhere you go seem to be CONTROLLED at $11.7x per gallon for
Rotella T, here in Charleston. Oil prices should, by now, have
responded to the collapsing crude and gas prices. Gold prices are down
20-25%, but retail prices, that we are told are in such awful
conditions, have NOT DROPPED at all and have INCREASED in many places.
Is the government tampering with the printing presses at the FED handing
out trillions of fake dollars causing this? 90 Yen to the dollar means
my money is quite worthless...and getting more worthless...but gold
prices are down....

Something is being manipulated by the usual suspects. If business is SO
bad, all prices would have dropped drastically, now. I know someone who
visits China twice a year to buy silk flowers for their wholesale
florist business, hundreds of thousands of them. His suppliers are
giving him fire sale pricing on the products stacked up in warehouses
all over China. One of his contacts took him to a warehouse full of
unsold toys from famous American companies. $20 American toys can be
purchased for 6 CENTS! They're nearly giving them away! I checked the
toys....not a nickel drop in prices to move them at WalMart. They're
buying them for 6 cents and selling them for $20, a tidy profit no
matter how you spin it.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 02:33:39 +0000, Larry wrote:

Something is being manipulated by the usual suspects.

Not really. As long as demand holds up, prices will not drop. If
people stop buying prices will fall. It's the law of supply and
demand coupled with the desire of business to maximize profits.
Also, there is old inventory purchased at higher prices waiting to be
sold in some cases.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 02:33:39 +0000, Larry wrote:

Something is being manipulated by the usual suspects.

Not really. As long as demand holds up, prices will not drop. If
people stop buying prices will fall. It's the law of supply and
demand coupled with the desire of business to maximize profits.
Also, there is old inventory purchased at higher prices waiting to be
sold in some cases.

Er, ah, Wayne? Does your news reader work? People have ALREADY stopped
buying, which is what got us into this mess in the consumption-driven
economy.

That's what's queer. Consumption is way down but prices haven't dropped!

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 16:58:55 +0000, Larry wrote:

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 02:33:39 +0000, Larry wrote:

Something is being manipulated by the usual suspects.

Not really. As long as demand holds up, prices will not drop. If
people stop buying prices will fall. It's the law of supply and
demand coupled with the desire of business to maximize profits.
Also, there is old inventory purchased at higher prices waiting to be
sold in some cases.

Er, ah, Wayne? Does your news reader work? People have ALREADY stopped
buying, which is what got us into this mess in the consumption-driven
economy.

That's what's queer. Consumption is way down but prices haven't dropped!

Weren't you talking about Rotella oil or some such?
Hey, as long as you want it, the price won't come down!
Seems in the past retailers will only go so low with prices, then
their stock ends up with discounters and employees, who unload it at
garage sales. Maybe now ebay.
But it's complicated as all get-out.
You always have to keep your eyes open for real deals, and usually
when you see one, it's right after you paid retail!

--Vic

On Dec 26, 8:58*am, Larry wrote:
Wayne.B wrote :

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 02:33:39 +0000, Larry wrote:

Something is being manipulated by the usual suspects.

Not really. * As long as demand holds up, prices will not drop. * If
people stop buying prices will fall. *It's the law of supply and
demand coupled with the desire of business to maximize profits.
Also, there is old inventory purchased at higher prices waiting to be
sold in some cases.

Er, ah, Wayne? *Does your news reader work? *People have ALREADY stopped
buying, which is what got us into this mess in the consumption-driven
economy.

That's what's queer. *Consumption is way down but prices haven't dropped!

nope and prices wont for a little while. right now they are holding
prices up for the holidays and winter. captive audiance dontchak now.
i would wait for spring if i was to bet on this and watch the prices
start to drop. mid summer and shops are going to be sweating it trying
to get stock out the door.

bad part is with this no wharehousing idea the slow down hits a much
larger pool than it should.

On Dec 26, 10:03*am, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:31:20 -0800 (PST), Two meter troll
said:

bad part is with this no wharehousing idea the slow down hits a much
larger pool than it should.

Not following you here. With just in time systems, when the stock on the
shelves is sold the retailer has to crank up his suppliers faster because
there's nothing in the warehouse to sell off first.

the factories dont have any storage so the line works only when there
is a demand. no demand, no work, no mony for goods, factory closes
down, no jobs, no money for goods, no demand.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 00:56:51 +0000, Larry wrote:

Let the After Christmas LIQUIDATIONS begin!....

I just watched a piece on Bloomberg from California, of all places,
about Bank Owned property auctions going on hour after hour. A guy
bought a $440,000 house for $56,000, about its right price for such a
small house.

We're gonna see some helluva great bargains starting tomorrow. My
neighbor called me a little while ago. She said there are people
working all night in the malls marking stuff down....

If Ford Motor Company price drops $1.11 more, they'll be DELISTED!

Don't rule out a reverse split to avoid delisting.