Default hello

Am I in the right place? I have an older 28 " sail boat and hope I
can find a little info.

I hope to be "living" on it for a few weeks come spring.

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 05:17:54 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Am I in the right place? I have an older 28 " sail boat and hope I
can find a little info.

I hope to be "living" on it for a few weeks come spring.

Ask away!

I suggest you post some information and photos about your boat (don't attach
them here but put them on Flicker or a similar site and provide links) and
ask specific questions.

Some of the most active members of this group don't actually have boats but
just use this as a place to live out their fantasies and make cutting
remarks about people they envy. You'll get better responses if you can
demonstrate that you are a real person with a real boat.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I suggest you post some information and photos about your boat (don't
attach them here but put them on Flicker or a similar site and provide
links) and ask specific questions.

Some of the most active members of this group don't actually have boats
but just use this as a place to live out their fantasies and make cutting
remarks about people they envy. You'll get better responses if you can
demonstrate that you are a real person with a real boat.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice. The group's called
rec.boats.CRUISING. You don't cruise, or it would appear so from your
postings. You seem to mostly post about work boats you've designed. Boring!

Wilbur Hubbard

On Nov 22, 6:17*am, " wrote:
Am I in the right place? *I have an older 28 " sail boat and hope I
can find a little info.

I hope to be "living" on it for a few weeks come spring.

Just by a word of warning to those in this group, Mario is a scam
artist. He claims to "restore" VWs but it's been well documented how
he scams people. Here's a few good reads for you:
http://www.mariogavazzivintagewerks.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQ8UwWPP4Y
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96792

Believe me, he's not someone you want to have around you.

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:04:23 -0500, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I suggest you post some information and photos about your boat (don't attach
them here but put them on Flicker or a similar site and provide links) and
ask specific questions.

Some of the most active members of this group don't actually have boats but
just use this as a place to live out their fantasies and make cutting
remarks about people they envy. You'll get better responses if you can
demonstrate that you are a real person with a real boat.

What a warm and friendly greeting for a newcomer! Is there a written
test he has to pass before he's good enough to inhabit YOUR newsgroup?

wrote in message
On Nov 22, 6:17 am, " wrote:
Am I in the right place? I have an older 28 " sail boat and hope I
can find a little info.

I hope to be "living" on it for a few weeks come spring.

\ Just by a word of warning to those in this group, Mario is a scam
\ artist. He claims to "restore" VWs but it's been well documented how
\ he scams people. Here's a few good reads for you:
\ http://www.mariogavazzivintagewerks.com/
\ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQ8UwWPP4Y
\ http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96792
\
\ Believe me, he's not someone you want to have around you.

How would you know?

Why not let each individual decide for him or herself? We're all adults here
(with the exception of Capt. JG) and we certainly don't need another wannabe
schoolmarm fluffing her skirt as she sits and crosses her ankles.

Wilbur Hubbard

wrote in message
Am I in the right place? I have an older 28 " sail boat and hope I
can find a little info.

I hope to be "living" on it for a few weeks come spring.

Ask away... hope you've lurked for a while to get some understanding of
who's who.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com