Default hello

wrote in message

snip
. . . ok and I want to see my wife sun bathing naked on the deck,
she is a hottie..

Photo please. You might be biased. She doesn't have to be naked. A nice
thong bikini would be good enough for me to see it she is, indeed, a hottie.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Nov 23, 2:58�pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
wrote in message

snip

. . . �ok and I want to see my wife sun bathing naked on the deck,
she is a hottie..

Photo please. You might be biased. She doesn't have to be naked. A nice
thong bikini would be good enough for me to see it she is, indeed, a hottie.

Wilbur Hubbard

sorry wilbur but the freaks from the VW fourm even offered a $40
reward for a picture so they could photoshop it so I wont post any
pictures, you just have to trust she is.

wrote
The keel on this cranks up almost all the way into the hull.
As I said it wouls be nice to beable to sail this late spring to
florida or so, mabe onto the bahamas just for a nice vacation *where
getting there will be half the fun.

Congrats on your new boat. It looks like it's in pretty good
condition, just needs some organizing and no doubt TLC in special
places. I'd consider new sails among the priorities.

"Roger Long" wrote:
Here's how to get to the Florida and the Bahamas as quickly as possible with
this boat:

Forget about it.

Nah, they can drive down there with on the trailer... piece o' cake!

There are lots of great places to sail in North Carolina.

That's certainly true.

... *Focus on making
the boat sound and seaworthy. *Do a lot of daysailing and short trips
working up to longer ones.

That's also good advice.

You'll be much more likely to make it to the Bahamas that way instead of
abandoning the boat somewhere in between. *More important, you'll be a lot
more likely to make it back.

The boat is a Halsey Herreshoff design, and believe it or not Chrysler
built them pretty well. The problems are likely to be age-related
failure of things like fittings, winches, cleats, etc etc. Pulling off
all hardware & ports, then rebedding & reinstalling would be a good
idea. As Wayne suggested all blocks will need cleaning & lubrication
(or just replacing). Don't neglect the halyard sheaves at the top of
the mast. I'd also give strong consideration to replacing all rigging
just because I'm picky and the stuff doesn't age well even if not
exposed to UV, salt, and abuse.

Take some special care with the swing keel pivot & pennant & winch.
This is a sore point with all centerboard & swing keel boats,
especially older ones. For one thing, this is one of the boat's best
features... operating in shallow water will bring many delights in the
shallow SouthEast and in the Bahamas. For another, failure of the
swing keel winch/pennant/bearing can result in catastrophic hull
damage and even in the best-case scenario will be very difficult to
deal with.

I've sailed these boats a number of times, and also their big sister
the Chrysler 26. One of the nicer trailerable boats of their era IMHO.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

You could try http://www.sailexchange.com/. They have a decent inventory.

wrote in message
On Nov 23, 1:37?pm, Gordon wrote:
Gogarty wrote:
In article ,
says...

troll sh*t removed

? ?I think some of you missed what he said. This is a 22' Chrysler brand
sailboat, not a 28' anything.
? Gordon- Hide quoted text -

lol the original engine was already dumped for an evinrude 25 , but
its condition is unknown from the person I got it from.

where do I find sails for this?

As I said this has been on dry land for the last 22 yrs and seems to
be invery good shape, being that I restore cars for a living I feel I
should be able to do any and all work myself.

What is the things I sould be looking at before putting it in the
water. I don't see a single mark in the hull that would say there is
a problem there. The keel raises and lowers fine. the rudder looks a
little weathered and may need replacing. I'm good with wood and
thought about redoing the interior to my liking.

As I have said I have been around boat from row to standing on the
deck of a carrier but this is the 1st of this kind and I want to be
as knowledgeable as possible

My newest car is a 67 vw camper so I don't need all the bells and
whistles I'm just looking to feel the waves and wind of the open
waters ok and I want to see my wife sun bathing naked on the deck,
she is a hottie..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:28:23 -0500, "Roger Long"
wrote:

wrote

(His usual putting words in the OP's mouth and then turning his words into
an attack on the OP's competence.)

Where did I say LIS was benign? I said there are 28 foot boats that
shouldn't sail across it. Sounds like you would agree.

(Rogers usual putting words in other people's mouths)

I'll agree though, is would have been a clearer post to just say "the
harbor". The issue isn't the conditions, I've seen similar in Maine, but
the fact that the area is small enough that you can pick your weather and
seek shelter which isn't always possible going around the NJ shore.

Based on the above, you could be ripe for a very bad surprise on the
LIS. You don't often get more than a few minutes warning that a "fist
of fury" is about to hit you. There is no such thing as finding a safe
refuge.

In the summer months, virtually every weather forecast includes a
warning about thunder storms. They are small and localized in area,
but often pack a huge wallop. Last June, We were caught out in a
string of them. There was no way to get around them, as they formed a
wall coming at us. My warning was whenj I looked on the western
horizon and saw that familiar (to me) low dark line. We had been
loafing along in about 6-8 knots of breeze. We immediately struck
sails and tied everything down tight. Locked the lockers, clipped in,
and donned lifejackets. Within 15 minutes of seeing that line on the
horizon, we were knocked down twice by winds in excess of 60 knots and
6-7 foot seas that were confused to say the least. There was lightning
striking all around the boat, and at several points we had no
steerage, as we couldn't make way. We were passengers. Everytime there
was a break, we headed out towards the middle to gain some room.

The USCG announced the oncoming cells on VHF AFTER we had been hit.

We later learned that a beachgoer had been killed by lightning on
shore just opposite of our position. He was under a pavilion at a
state beach and the pavilion got hit.

wrote

(A terrifying account)

Wow. It sounds like no one should be sailing on LI sound, including you. I
had no idea it was the Bermuda Triangle of the Northeast.

--
Roger Long

"Wayne.B" wrote

It's been my experience on several different boats that you are better
off with a double or triple reefed main and no jib.

That's been my experience as well.

--
Roger Long

wrote:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121jLLXfR

Here it is in all its glory as it sits but come spring it will be back
in the water after 20 plus year sleep

Alot of the interior and such have been stored in side and is in very
good condition and most just needs a good cleaning.

it has Chrysler on the stern so if anyone knows anything about these
can give me any info I would be greatful

Mario

Kewl, how much for the go-kart?

Cheers
Martin