P.C.

Default Aluminum stitch-n-glue

Hi

"Backyard Renegade" skrev i en meddelelse
om...

You narrow minded idiot, don't you ever give up?

Give up the good craftmanship, a life experience in boatbuilding, carpentry
and computer programming ?
For what ------- fiddeling amature design and discussing with jeloux
amatures that start asking tolerence and end up throwing dirt and posting
unsafe designs being a serious safety risk for your kids ?
Putting cheap nails in end wood ,plastering with a patch of the cheapest
cloth and the cheapest polyester, now the best epoxy is to expensive for
somone who want to advise others ?

Listen ------- 25 years ago I build my first boat, the first one where I
made my own plans and the first one where I placed each rivit and cut each
plank, from drawings made with the first plotter I had, feed with the
unfolding software I wrote myself. Then you jokers came around, and you
sataret to throw dirt and make the bad air, -------- nice result but as you
know, dryass jokers behind their office desk, make no visions make nothing
but evil and hate and then you ask tolerence. ------- When you replaced all
decent craftmanship with ashes from hell ,don't ask for beauty and decency,
don't expect happiness for the money you made. As if your drive is hate and
throwing dirt is what you want this group to deal with, you already done so
a few years , ------- did it bring you any happiness to trow dirt, did you
expect so.

P.C.
http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u139600113/

P.C.

Hi

"steveJ" skrev i en meddelelse
There was an article in this month's issue of Epoxyworks sent out by
Gougeon Bros. about adhesion of epoxy to various metals.
I don't have the article in front of me but I seem to remember that
Aluminum had the lowest adhesion strength of all the metals tested.
You can contact them and they will send a free subscription to you (I
think) if you don't get it already.
My guess is that epoxy would not work for this because of the expansion
of the metal and the oxide problem mentioned. I could be wrong.

No , -------- but there are several other way's to make Alu go together
beside designing the hull so it don't even matter if the water enter
inbetween the two hulls forming the inner and outher hull , ------- esp. if
the space inbetween is foam filled or filled with a mix of emty polystyrene
bottles and foam.
Sicaflex , even a foul word in this group , oposed allmighty epoxy, is
acturly a relevant choice, offering a glue that last decades at the same
time not being as hard as the epoxy.
Beside when you need to be an aircarft engineer to make an amature design go
together , I don't think special coating shuld be the issue. Esp. when the
halve problem is a design issue .
Beside there are plenty of way's , like the Alu solder that can be found
with Google , rivets that surely ask a bit craftman but go in many different
types.

Check the design "Dizzie" at the old Cyber-Boat site, ------- top plank is
Alu that I had to weld to lenghten , but that is simply copper rivited onto
the tradisional lapstrake planking, beside when you check that design, check
the detail about both front and aft end made in Alu, ready to bolt planks
onto so you can build a well documented design being an amature.

Still the Alu ends are expensive, so with Cyber-Boat I made a special
"sandwich pattern" that help the builder by offering a very smart template
for the mirrors of a pram or dinghie, -------- beside the full-scale
unfolded planks that is.
http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u139600113/

P.C.

Old Nick

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:50:19 +0100, "P.C."
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Hi

"Old Nick" skrev i en meddelelse
news
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:12:25 +0100, "P.C."
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

PC. Do you have _pictures_ (not "PC" generated images) of boats using
your methods?

Plenty , ------- you find a lot on the old Cyber-Boat site, acturly
Cyber-Boat was the first to interduce the idear of unfolded panels done with
unfolding software and many boats been build .

So why not now? Include them _with_ the popular versions surely? What
sort of boats? Why are there no places where they can be seen as
photos?

************************************************** ** sorry

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?
Old Nick

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:05:17 +0100, "P.C."
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

OK. I close dialogue.

I think you went over the edge (possibly of a flat earth) somewhere.

************************************************** ** sorry

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?
Backyard Renegade

"P.C." wrote in message ...
Hi

"Backyard Renegade" skrev i en meddelelse
om...

You narrow minded idiot, don't you ever give up?

Give up the good craftmanship, a life experience in boatbuilding, carpentry
and computer programming ?
For what ------- fiddeling amature design and discussing with jeloux
amatures that start asking tolerence and end up throwing dirt and posting
unsafe designs being a serious safety risk for your kids ?

You have been asked before to show an example of this, just one, you
refuse. I would suggest you have no example, you are just bending the
facts to try to make a point.

Putting cheap nails in end wood ,plastering with a patch of the cheapest
cloth and the cheapest polyester, now the best epoxy is to expensive for
somone who want to advise others ?

You again have absolutly no basis for this comment, again you are
being dishonest
..

Listen ------- 25 years ago I build my first boat, the first one where I
made my own plans and the first one where I placed each rivit and cut each
plank, from drawings made with the first plotter I had, feed with the
unfolding software I wrote myself.

So what, I drew my first in the dirt and built around that, built 50
since, how many did you say you have built. I know you will tapdance
around that question seems you want us to build them for you.

Then you jokers came around, and you
sataret to throw dirt and make the bad air, -------- nice result but as you
know, dryass jokers behind their office desk, make no visions make nothing
but evil and hate and then you ask tolerence.

Man, next time you get to the local coffee shop, try an indica strain,
less paranoia Fact is you, as many times before, were the first to
come into this thread with your insults toward many of the builders
here. Read your own words asswipe:

SNIPAnd you should also understand that this has not always been the
case. I have emails from years ago when PC approached me to sell his
cartoons here in the US, when I turned him down is when he started
making innacurate accusations about anyone here who does not like his
work. /SNIP

------- When you replaced all
decent craftmanship with ashes from hell ,don't ask for beauty and decency,
don't expect happiness for the money you made. As if your drive is hate and
throwing dirt is what you want this group to deal with, you already done so
a few years ,

I have and will always pipe in when you make unprovoked attacks at Me,
or my friends as you have done with Payson and others who either don't
do internet, or are dead. You know as well as I that you only took a
bad attitude with me when after some negotiation, I turned you down
for a partnership here in the US so you could have a state side
marketing person for your internet cartoons. That's a fact asswipe,
and you know it.

------- did it bring you any happiness to trow dirt, did you
expect so.

No, it did not. But since I have spent so much time on this, maybe I
can at least have one question answered for me by my peers. Is this
guy what we over here in cowboy land would refer to as "eurotrash" or
would that require more of a pedigree and a French accent? Later Per,
your idea sucks, admit it dude, get a job...

P.C.

Backyard Renegade

ooops, quoted the wrong thing, it is late. Here is the way PC
introduced himself to this thread::

SNIPIf you want to make the issue an interesting one, sketch a river
boat and
omit the old crafts or make a fool out of those who caturly can build
boat, join up with the useal crowd of jokers and make usenet what it
alway's
was made for, throwing dirt and in particular in a way where you can
laugh
the bottom out your pans ,without knowing a clue about the issue.

P.C.
ENDSNIP

This is typical of his arrogant diatribe, with no basis in fact...
P.C.

"Backyard Renegade" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
"P.C." wrote in message

, you are just bending the
facts to try to make a point.

What point is that, ------ that you obviously think you own this group, takl
about buisness relations that sound a bit silli, while Cyber-Boat is
free-Download and the Usenet do not just cover one contry but the whole
world.

Why shuld I btw fight flat bottomed designs some amature produced behind his
office desk, the real test shuldn't even be needed when you know the trouble
getting the pieces together everyone shuld know what safety that attitude
bring.

Putting cheap nails in end wood ,plastering with a patch of the cheapest
cloth and the cheapest polyester, now the best epoxy is to expensive for
somone who want to advise others ?

You again have absolutly no basis for this comment, again you are
being dishonest , ------- you are quite right that honesty is a part of

this, honesty about how you got the knowleage to advise and honesty about
the buisness this fora turned into, for those offering plans. Ofcaurse you
don't like the fact that Cyber-Boat is free download, but fact is that the
reson they became that, was the useal crowd in this group that at that time
also protected Bolgers and simular against the tradisional craftmanship and
educated advices I alway's standed for.

How do you explain what you say about me getting into the american marked,
when everything I offer is free download ?
.

Listen ------- 25 years ago I build my first boat, the first one where I
made my own plans and the first one where I placed each rivit and cut

each
plank, from drawings made with the first plotter I had, feed with the
unfolding software I wrote myself.

So what, I drew my first in the dirt and built around that, built 50
since, how many did you say you have built. I know you will tapdance
around that question seems you want us to build them for you.

Well don't that depend What you draw, and what you builded. For my part I
bilded Lapstrake without the need of Epoxy, but surely I used Epoxy being
the best thing that happened for tradisional boatbuilding since they
invented the bucked .

Then you jokers came around, and you
sataret to throw dirt and make the bad air, -------- nice result but as

you
know, dryass jokers behind their office desk, make no visions make

nothing
but evil and hate and then you ask tolerence.

Man, next time you get to the local coffee shop, try an indica strain,
less paranoia Fact is you, as many times before, were the first to
come into this thread with your insults toward many of the builders
here. Read your own words asswipe:

On your heels -------- no one shuld be allowed to give out advices that make
a fool of the usenet user that belive he get the best advise, but is left
with a heap of scrap that police shuld take in and protect the public
against. The only ones that find this funny, is the same crowd of dryass
jokers, that is ancious to make some poor fool test out their next scrippled
down fantasy boat.
Cyber-Boat never provided that, but is based on quite different qualities.;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cyber-Boat/

Beside Cyber-Boat was the first to interduce panels unfolded from a 3D
model, and a lot of other innovative gadgeds is found in the concept, but
you jokers years ago did your best to make this group into a place where the
tradisional wooden boat, the okd proud crafts , is made fool of if it is a
tread agaist your flatbottom boatplan sales..------- You can't compeed with
quality, and replace that with dirt throwing and foul words.
P,C.

[...]

P.C.

Hi

"Old Nick" skrev i en meddelelse

So why not now? Include them _with_ the popular versions surely? What
sort of boats? Why are there no places where they can be seen as
photos?

At the link ;'
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cyber-Boat/

You se the remains of Cyber-Boat, that site acturly show a few nice foto's ,
but you se even you build a heap of small boats this don't mean that you
tread each one as a piece of art beside if you just check the response in
this group, some of the jokers would soon find this as a caurse to throw
more dirt.
Do a carpenter take a picture of each window he put in ? ------- Well why
shuld I place more foto's on a site that from the start had a crowd of
critics. that NEVER slowed down looking into each word, each picture any
bright idear, to perform the best trict they themself can perform.
Listen --------- Im'e just a poor danish boatbuilder that spend 24 hours a
day being there for my family and one of my children being within the
Autistic specter, and the fight for his right is far vorse than the dirt
thowing here.
Sure it would have been nice 12 years ago, to be able to make a living on
the skills I gathered in terms of crafts and computers, ------- but look at
this fora and the old dryass responses for every time you publish a new
bright idear ; it hurt somone when guy's like me prove their ability and
their campains aganist tradisional crafts and new smart methods do not
profit my youngest son or the bad economy it is, when you have a crowd of
fiddeling dryasses against all you stand for.
Check this site for the pictures you ask ;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cyber-Boat/
P.C.

Paolo Zini

"Brian D" ha scritto nel messaggio
newsbR5c.27221$JL2.316008@attbi_s03...
Awhile back, there was a thread concerning stitch-n-glue using aluminum
rather than plywood. Although I do not believe it could be a high enough
quality solution to boat building,

It looks that the flame with P.C. have changed the course of the thread from
the original subject...
I am still interested on it (I mean to the original subject....).
Any more info?

Paolo

P.S For P.C.: I WILL NOT REPLAY to any comments, flame or anything else
from you.
You have been associated to my killfile.