Al

Default Where can I find info?

I didn't intend to insult anyone, if I did, I apologize . . . but not
for my comments to the 'general readership'. I don't mind this type of
discussions; my only regret is that it can't be continued face-to-face
over a pot of good coffee, or some chilled wine.

it is tragic they way it is going. I've just left my college and I've
(unofficially) offered my services to the boat club for repair of rowing
craft and to help out when they attend regattas. I can't offer it
officially, even though as a student I could do all the above, as a
non-student I'm a massive risk. I know that school trips will shortly
become impossible because nobody can take the risk of a private action being
brought against them.

People had to be brought to account for incompetence and idiocy to make sure
that (for example) trips were properly thought out. But too much of it now
is all about the money. As my boss says of two lawyers he knows: "What a
dirty way to make your money" because as he sees it, you're doing your job
when the guilty are set free and the innocent are punished, making money out
of human misery.

All of which is getting far from the point, which is that the necessity of
watching your backside all the time detracts from the pleasure of such
sports and interests as ours. I have to be slightly careful when ringing
round friends to organise canoeing trips, and god forbid I should crash my
car while giving someone a lift...

....anyone have any thoughts on how to rediscover sanity?

Al