posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default My New Boat!!! What did RB Pick????

That sort of says it all. I'm pleased to say that I really
do not believe that my wife would be impressed by an Evo.

Right. I think we can believe that your wife would have no connection
with a 350 HP AWD rally car that pulls a full G and corners better
than many supercars. But that doesn't mean that ALL women aren't
interested in such things. In fact there are quite a few female
enthusiast drivers around.

My wife has never even heard of a Subaro. She drives
a Nissan Micra.

She drives one of the worst cars in the world for safety. It scores 2
stars in crash tests. A Smart Car is FAR safer. Of course I wouldn't
let my wife drive a Micra as I actually like her. She commutes in the
safest small sedan in the world. It's also fast and fun to drive.

She thinks that the Lexus gs300 is a
"Nice Car"

All of the Lexus cars are "nice." They're great for the over 60 crowd.

She loves the DB9. She thinks that I should
get one.

You should. Send us pictures of it when you do. I don't respect that
car much, but if you want one that's what counts. Treat yourself and
don't worry about faster, better handling cars if you prefer the
"look" or "class" of yours. Some folks drive classic cars because they
like classic cars. I'm looking for a MGA Twin Cam for that exact
reason.

Cheers,

RB
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 9, 8:21�am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
On Oct 9, 1:47 am, Ringmaster wrote:

Corbin ................................ LOL.................

BTW, Sloco.....We had a Depressed 30 at our docks for a few weeks.
Nice owners, which was a surprise. They bought the boat as a stop-gap,
which I found hilarious. The boat is quick, but on a reach my 35s5
passed them as did my friend's 30/30. They then added better sails
from UK and the boat STILL couldn't keep up with us. Not exactly
shocking since my boat is larger and with my shallow draft they could
point slightly higher, though not as good as the 30/30. The interior
is awful, quite depressed as the name suggests. But why buy one when a
J30 offers a far nicer interior and more hulls to play with? The 30/30
is both faster and FAR better looking. Of course my boat is faster and
about 100 times better looking and nicer to be aboard.
Not matter. I heard you finally bought a nice boat and sold the
depress 30 at last. Good for you! What did you buy?

RB

Oh another attempt to bash my boat. Hey Boob I would expect to get
passed by a Santana 30/30. It rates 19 seconds a mile faster. As far
as being better looking well that's in the eye of the beholder. As
far as being nicer below I guess that's true if you like lawn
furniture and a sail bin. What year was the Express 30 that was
visiting your gehetto marina? You keep finding early hull numbers to
pick apart the interior. Later models did away with the multi. ice
boxes port and stb. and added either a quarter berth or a aft head.
Hows the skank?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Oh another attempt to bash my boat.

I thought you finally graduated to a nice boat. Sorry!

Hey Boob I would expect to get
passed by a Santana 30/30. It rates 19 seconds a mile faster.

It's a nicer boat and better looking by a MILE!

What year was the Express 30 that was
visiting your gehetto marina?

I don't know. But somehow none of us have seen a SINGLE photo of a
"nice" Express 30 interior. They must ALL be old.

Hows the skank?

I would NEVER sail with your wife. I've heard she looks like a thin
Jackie Gleason with a wig.

RB
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Later models did away with the multi. ice
boxes port and stb. and added either a quarter berth or a aft head.

Later models? By then it was pretty much too late. It's a "famous"
dead boat design that was over-priced and ugly. How may did they make
again? Few people have even heard of them.
What happened to you plans to buy a bigger one?

RB