Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default My New Boat!!! What did RB Pick????

Well, here I am with a 4 year old son and he's simply awesome!
But long sails just don't work for us these days and we mainly daysail
and weekend aboard Heart of Gold.

We've decided to try some real cruising when Thomas turns 6 or 7 and
to that end we've been looking at many boats, used and new. Before
that purchase we're going to spend a month or so sailing in Greece
aboard our friend's Tayana 42.

At that point....drum roll please!

I'll start a serious hunt for a Corbin 39 Aft Cabin. I "met" the
Corbin 39 recently and fell in love. The boat sails well, looks great
and has the character I love associated with pilot house sailboats.
For now we'll continue to enjoy our Beneteau, but we're very excited
about doing some local cruising and then trying out some longer trips
on the Corbin. We'll start with the Beneteau....and continue with the
Corbin.

For those of you not familiar with the Corbin 39, it looks like
this....

http://images20.fotki.com/v385/photo...ap54917-vi.jpg

These are not heavy boats as some cruising boats are and she sails
well in light air. She is over-rigged according to some, but we'll be
coastal and that will suit us well most of the time.

Cheers,

RB