Thom Stewart

Default Did Nutsy Pick the wrong boat?

It looks like Nutsy isn't sure he picked the right boat. He's running
Trolls trying to convince himself of certain things.

Like a Cockpit that is filled up by three adult is a huge cockpit.

A Helm that is right over the Rudder post, made necessary by transom
that has been moved foreward buy a swim platform, which also made a rack
& pinion installation necessary, which also forced the smallest steering
station every seen on a modern production boat.

A Quarter Stern Cabin and Head squeezed into and over loaded stern
area, which forced the need for the lengthen of the hull by the use of
the swim platform to keep anymore weight in the ass end of the boat. A
Stern Cabin & Head we've yet to see a picture of.

A fractional rig to eliminate Lee Helm on the overloaded Stern Section,
forcing a larger Main to keep up S/A, which makes for a squirrelly
up-wing sail trim, which also forced the self furling drum into the hull
to get head sail area down low. This Drum position force the need to run
lines thru the hull.

The Larger Main forces excessive heeling on close-haul sailing, which
makes for crew sitting on one another lap due to the small cockpit.

These are some of the reasons Nutsy is so busy finding positive things
to say about these weakness. If you lie to yourself enough you begin to
believe it.

Just proves, once again, all boats have weak points.

Did Nutsy buy the wrong boat? It is a learning process. He has a nice
boat. Is it the boat he wanted? Who knows what Nutsy really wants.

Ole Thom

Capt. Rob

Thom, there's so much silliness in your post. Let's just start he

http://www.floridaboats.net/images/3.../slides/31.JPG

Have a seat on THAT toilet, Thom! Even if you're 7 feet tall, you have
leg room. To starboard of the toilet is a very large sink and vanity
and further back a nice wet locker that drains to the shower sump.
After all the head is actually using space from an optional aft cabin.
I've never seen a head so big even on a 40 footer. To port is another
door leading to an aft birth. No big deal. She's only 35.5 feet LOA.
But the aft birth is over 7 feet long! Kinda nice when you're 6'3.
Do you know how few boats have births sized as nicely? Very few.
As for her sailing performance...well, read the owner reviews. Are you
aware that this was voted Boat of the Year at the French Boat show when
introduced?
When why wife went below and saw the space of the 35s5 all she could
say was "how'd they do this?". The mating of boat plush livable space
and good sailing performance is a great thing....when you've found it.

RB
35s5

Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

I see you can't get the "Head Door" even 1/2 way open. Short of Room?

Also see you talking about a "Quarter Berth" What happen to the big talk
about aft cabin?

These are some of the questions generated by your many dopey Posts. It
does beg to be asked.

Ole Thom

Bob Crantz

Consider this Ole Thom:

The 35s5 has a scoop transom. When sailing in the sewage filled waters
around City Island (no less than 17 sewage outlets within a 12 mile radius!)
what do you think that transom is scooping? Bob can really call it a Sooper
Dooper Pooper Scooper!

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Can you imagine having that stuff washing about your ankles!

"Thomas! Don't put that in your mouth!" or how about Suzy handing Bob a nice
eggs salad sandwhich after he has pulled up the anchor line (unwashed hands!
eeew!).
"I could smell that egg salad before you even opened the fridge, Suzy!" mmm
good!

Oh my sides! Think of the germs! Don't get the air conditioner in the water!

Bwaaahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaaa!

Amen!

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
[...]

John Cairns

[...]

Who cares?

Bwahahahahhahahhahhahhahahahhahaha

John Cairns

Capt. Rob

I see you can't get the "Head Door" even 1/2 way open. Short of Room?

Also see you talking about a "Quarter Berth" What happen to the big
talk
about aft cabin?

Huh? The head door opens just fine and to the biggest head on any boat
anywhere near this LOA. The after cabin birth is only matched in size
buy the current Catalina 350 and of course most 35 foot boats don't
even have an enclosed aft cabin with a birth big enough for two and
long enough for someone over 6'6. That also means two people can do
other things back there...and I'm a young man with a very pretty wife.
Like I said, few boats can match the 35s5 for performance and comfort
combined.

RB

Capt. Rob

Oh my sides!

Try more situp and fewer Twinkies.

RB

Jeff

Your aft cabin has no overhead clearance - you'll be lucky if you can
even roll over on that bunk. There isn't room to stand, a tiny
hanging locker, and you're being really generous with the dimension,
since the drawing would indicate that most of the berth is well under
7 feet. Calling it a cabin is also generous, its a quarter berth with
a door.

Your head seems large enough, but there's no separate shower. This is
OK for a daysailor, but not for a cruiser.

Again, you keep comparing this to Catalina's and their ilk. Being one
step up from a Cat or Hunter still makes it a second rate boat.

Capt. Rob wrote:
I see you can't get the "Head Door" even 1/2 way open. Short of Room?

Also see you talking about a "Quarter Berth" What happen to the big
talk
about aft cabin?

Huh? The head door opens just fine and to the biggest head on any boat
anywhere near this LOA. The after cabin birth is only matched in size
buy the current Catalina 350 and of course most 35 foot boats don't
even have an enclosed aft cabin with a birth big enough for two and
long enough for someone over 6'6. That also means two people can do
other things back there...and I'm a young man with a very pretty wife.
Like I said, few boats can match the 35s5 for performance and comfort
combined.

RB

Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Have a seat on THAT toilet, Thom! Even if you're 7 feet tall, you have
leg room.

Yeah...as long as you weigh less than 120lbs!!!

Can you fit in there? I believe it's good planning to keep the head as
small as possible....

CM

Bob Crantz

Actually sit ups do very little for the sides. Try Some Russian twists. You
couldn't do any you marshmellow!

Have another egg salad sandwich!

"Sailing on the LIS with a scoop transom is like having a picnic on top of a
cesspool with the lid off."

E.H. Gewahr 1998

Bwaahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

Amen!!!!!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Oh my sides!

Try more situp and fewer Twinkies.

RB

Did You Pick the Wrong Boat? Capt. Rob ASA 38 November 2nd 05 11:22 AM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM