posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Obama Doublespeak

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:22:23 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

I don't know. Which mistakes are you talking about?

You're kidding, right?

Do you think obscene
profits in times of nation crisis are ok?

So tell me, Jon, how should one determine the "right" amount of profit for
company to earn? No profit? Consult a panel of experts who would set it?
Maybe a Central Committee?

Don't know. McCain seemed to know. He said he wasn't in favor of them. I'm
sure he knows more than I about the subject.

What's the order of magnitude of the gross margins of:

Oil Companies?
Pharma Companies (who now like to call themselves "Pharmaceutical Research
Companies")?
Electronics Manufacturers?
Computer Equipment makers?
Microsoft?

Sounds fine to me. Is that the order from most to least obscene? Glad I'm
not on the list!

Are these the right margins? If not, how much more should the guvmint take
from each of them so their profit margins will be "right"?

Near as I can figure, in the liberal lexicon "obscene" profits are
whatever
profits are made by the other fella.

This was McCain speaking... except when he got in front of the big oil crowd
of course!

Oh, and BTW, current unemployment rates, and yuppies having to park their
power boats and SUVs for a while, hardly qualify as a "nation crisis."
Have
you noticed how empty the roads are recently?

So, it's the yuppies who are unemployed, not the inner city kids looking for
a summer job, ones that are now filled by the elderly? I have no sympathy
for powerboaters! It's crowded on the freeway in Silicon Valley.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:45:59 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

What's the order of magnitude of the gross margins of:

Oil Companies?
Pharma Companies (who now like to call themselves "Pharmaceutical
Research
Companies")?
Electronics Manufacturers?
Computer Equipment makers?
Microsoft?

Sounds fine to me. Is that the order from most to least obscene? Glad I'm
not on the list!

It's in order from the lowest gross margins to the highest.

Really?
http://www.fool.com/investing/high-g...annot-lie.aspx

Big bummer about the oil companies... gross margins of less than 10%... the
sky is falling!!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1009...profit-margins

[snip]

you noticed how empty the roads are recently?

It's crowded on the freeway in Silicon Valley.

Gee, so is it on the East Coast. Funny that should happen in time of such
"nation crisis" isn't it?

Not really. We cling to our gas-guzzling cars, guns, and religion. I know I
do!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
Pharma Companies (who now like to call themselves "Pharmaceutical Research
Companies")?

Sure they love to push the myth that they spend almost all the money you
give them on research, but in fact its only 13.4%, or roughly what other
high tech companies spend on R&D. They are really marketing companies,
spend 24.4% of sales in that area.

I hate the fact that the biggest contributor to our high drug costs is
the noxious ads that are illegal in almost every other country.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

God damn America!

I seriously question Obama's judgment. Why be a member of a church that
preaches hate for 20 years and then all of a sudden disavow it to get
elected president?

Another factor casting a shadow upon his judgement is his pledge to have a
publicly financed campaign and then he changes it once he starts getting
money from private sources - just to get elected president?

Obama comes from a broken family, he was raised by his rascist, white
grandmother. How has this distorted his world view? Bill Clinton grew up
fatherless and we all see what he is. Obama seems to want to be liked by
everyone, he hasn't taken a stand (especially an unpopular one) on any
issue - that includes the Iraq invasion. He may win the popularity contest
for most likeable guy for president, but where's the beef?

He says he will bring people together, but he has the most liberal voting
record in the Senate. He has a minimal understanding of economics, a fairy
tale view of foreign policy, and no diverse life experience. He's a lawyer,
his wife is a lawyer that is all they know. Worst yet, they both have worked
only in the non profit sector, where money comes from handouts. He knows
nothing about entreprenuership, business, or how the average American's
daily life is. He's a product of the Chicago Southside machine.

The only reason people will vote for him is as a backlash against Bush. With
the ethanol crop under water, soaring food and gas costs, devaluing dollar
and the rest, Obama's old time solution of tax and spend will lead to
nothing but increased personal and societal misery as it has in the past.

What events in Obama's life reveal his character? No one really knows the
guy, all we see is the current color of this chameleon. What has he done?
One thing we do know is that both him and his wife can be bought, as it is
with almost every politician. Unlike others, his price seems to be a
bargain - perhaps because of his poor judgement.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:08:28 -0600, "Kapt Krunch"
wrote:

He says he wants to put a windfall profit tax on oil companies (he's
taxing
your pension) and yet he says he'll cut taxes on business. He's full of
crap!

No he's taxing the companies additional profits because they are
charging infllated prices based upon Saudi prices.
He's taxing their profiteering.

Yes, the cost of gasoline goes up because the Saudis charge more so we tax
American companies! The logic is impeccable! hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Let's tax farmers because the price of food is going up!

Let's tax universities because education is getting more expensive!

Let's tax doctors because health care is more expensive!

He wants to pull out of Iraq but says he'll invade Pakistan.

At least he's not lying about why...

Why?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3434573&page=1

Diplomacy at work! Invade Pakistan, capture Bin Laden and read him his
rights!

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

He wants to reduce dependence on foriegn oil but wants no more pumping of
American oil.

He wants to reduce dependance by reducing comsumption of a finite
resource.

Doesn't that happen naturally by the price going up? Why do we have to elect
him for what is happening already?

He wants to negotiate with terrorists but now his spokeswoman says they
will
kill Bin Laden.

Ahhh now we get into gross distrortions..

Really? Here are some quotes:

http://politivity.com/barack-obama-w...ding-americans

http://www.examiner.com/a-1445814~Ob...S__courts.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD6rR2CaPK4

Distortions?

hahahahahahaha!!!!!

He wants the prisoners in Guantanemo to come under the rights of the
Constitution, but wants to suspends those rights for innocent American
citizens!

More distortion

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_106757.html

hahahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!

What a bag of ****!

You are indeed

Looks like you stepped in some **** by putting your foot in your mouth.
hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

God damn America!

It's your country.....If you don't like it leave!

hahahahahahaaaa!!!! I wish people who say that would leave and take their
congregation with them. hahahahahahahahahaa!!!! Don't you?
hahahahahahahahaa!!!!!

And more :

http://allafrica.com/stories/200805050165.html

the result:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7465766.stm

hahahahahahahaha!!!! A view of the future if he is elected! All talk and
nothing else! hahahahahahaha!!!!!! Jimmy Carter all over! hahahahahaha!!!!

A man of his word:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-to-break.html

Breaks a solemn promise to the American people!!!!

In four years the Republican presidential candidate will ask in the debate:
"Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?" and go on to win in a
landslide.

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Dave wrote:
Pharma Companies (who now like to call themselves "Pharmaceutical
Research
Companies")?

Sure they love to push the myth that they spend almost all the money you
give them on research, but in fact its only 13.4%, or roughly what other
high tech companies spend on R&D. They are really marketing companies,
spend 24.4% of sales in that area.

I hate the fact that the biggest contributor to our high drug costs is the
noxious ads that are illegal in almost every other country.

to much talk about obama, if he cannot fix the mess he can always nig..er
rig it

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"sailirc" wrote in message

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Dave wrote:
Pharma Companies (who now like to call themselves "Pharmaceutical
Research
Companies")?

Sure they love to push the myth that they spend almost all the money you
give them on research, but in fact its only 13.4%, or roughly what other
high tech companies spend on R&D. They are really marketing companies,
spend 24.4% of sales in that area.

I hate the fact that the biggest contributor to our high drug costs is
the noxious ads that are illegal in almost every other country.

to much talk about obama, if he cannot fix the mess he can always nig..er
rig it

Wow... that's pretty sick. I thought you were a reasonable person, but I can
see why your "forum" isn't worth my time.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"sailirc" wrote in message
> [...]

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Dave wrote:
Pharma Companies (who now like to call themselves "Pharmaceutical
Research
Companies")?

Sure they love to push the myth that they spend almost all the money you
give them on research, but in fact its only 13.4%, or roughly what other
high tech companies spend on R&D. They are really marketing companies,
spend 24.4% of sales in that area.

I hate the fact that the biggest contributor to our high drug costs is
the noxious ads that are illegal in almost every other country.

to much talk about obama, if he cannot fix the mess he can always nig..er
rig it

Wow... that's pretty sick. I thought you were a reasonable person, but I
can see why your "forum" isn't worth my time.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

blaaah you were never gonna show up to it anyways so who cares.
and also it was a joke dumb a..

--
Boat Auctions
http://sailirc.net/boats/index.php

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"sailirc" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"sailirc" wrote in message
> [...]

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Dave wrote:
[...]

heh... so much for looking before we leap... no hard feelings on my part. It
*was* a dumb joke.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"sailirc" wrote in message
> [...]

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"sailirc" wrote in message
> [...]

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Dave wrote:
[...]

just a joke going around, no harm intended.

have you seen katie or anyone ?
this group is dead.

Obama Doublespeak Kapt Krunch Cruising 9 June 19th 08 05:54 PM
Shorting Obama... Short Wave Sportfishing General 3 March 4th 08 01:48 PM
OT Huckabee/Obama Capt. JG ASA 9 January 5th 08 05:11 AM