posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Obama Doublespeak

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:22:23 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

I don't know. Which mistakes are you talking about?

You're kidding, right?

Do you think obscene
profits in times of nation crisis are ok?

So tell me, Jon, how should one determine the "right" amount of profit for
company to earn? No profit? Consult a panel of experts who would set it?
Maybe a Central Committee?

Don't know. McCain seemed to know. He said he wasn't in favor of them. I'm
sure he knows more than I about the subject.

What's the order of magnitude of the gross margins of:

Oil Companies?
Pharma Companies (who now like to call themselves "Pharmaceutical Research
Companies")?
Electronics Manufacturers?
Computer Equipment makers?
Microsoft?

Sounds fine to me. Is that the order from most to least obscene? Glad I'm
not on the list!

Are these the right margins? If not, how much more should the guvmint take
from each of them so their profit margins will be "right"?

Near as I can figure, in the liberal lexicon "obscene" profits are
whatever
profits are made by the other fella.

This was McCain speaking... except when he got in front of the big oil crowd
of course!

Oh, and BTW, current unemployment rates, and yuppies having to park their
power boats and SUVs for a while, hardly qualify as a "nation crisis."
Have
you noticed how empty the roads are recently?

So, it's the yuppies who are unemployed, not the inner city kids looking for
a summer job, ones that are now filled by the elderly? I have no sympathy
for powerboaters! It's crowded on the freeway in Silicon Valley.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com