posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Ambergris Caye Belize

wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:57:44 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
groups.com...
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

A waste of space. Just another New Orleans or Key West type
destination
with crowds of ignorant tourists catered to by greedy locals. Just
look
at the type of people in this thread who speak well of it. Fags,
liberals and morons. Sorta proves my point, doesn't it?

Any place where you can't anchor without seeing another human being
for
a week is not a place I want to be visiting. Tourist trap destinations
are so degrading. The people who frequent them are losers. Ask
yourself
do you really want to voluntarily rub elbows with people like that?

Wilbur Hubbard

Willy boy, you are about half right. One does hate rubbing elbows with
the proletariat.

On the other hand rubbing elbows with Wilbut Hubbard would be
unthinkable.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Oh please, Bruce, find another bathroom stall in which to tap your foot.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahah! You're just toooooo easy. ;-)

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 10, 4:22 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:
Joe wrote in news:1189449136.718260.207240
@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

I spent 4 years sailing/diving in the area and have extensive logs and
photos of the area which are documented on my web site.

-- Geoffwww.GeoffSchultz.org

Hey Geoff, I noticed in your cook book you have Judy's (Lone Star
Love) shrimp dish listed. My wife Terry rode Judy's Long Horn Steer at
their X-ranch in downtown Houston. Greg deep fried a turkey for
Thanksgiving..BTW I beat him by about a mile in the Harvest Moon
Regetta one year.. Fun folks.

Joe
RedCloud

On Sep 10, 10:06 pm, Joe wrote:
On Sep 10, 4:22 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:

Joe wrote in news:1189449136.718260.207240
@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

I spent 4 years sailing/diving in the area and have extensive logs and
photos of the area which are documented on my web site.

-- Geoffwww.GeoffSchultz.org

Hey Geoff, I noticed in your cook book you have Judy's (Lone Star
Love) shrimp dish listed. My wife Terry rode Judy's Long Horn Steer at
their X-ranch in downtown Houston. Greg deep fried a turkey for
Thanksgiving..BTW I beat him by about a mile in the Harvest Moon
Regetta one year.. Fun folks.

Joe
RedCloud

P.S. If you see Greg tell him my Paragon is still going strong.

Joe
RedCloud

On Sep 10, 10:09 pm, Joe wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:06 pm, Joe wrote:

[...]

RedCloud- Hide quoted text -

PS..PS Nevermind..they have a web-site up.

Check out this fish Greg caught...What a Hog!
http://www.lonestarloveusa.com/Galleries/Galleries%202007/Greg's%

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

A waste of space. Just another New Orleans or Key West type
destination with crowds of ignorant tourists catered to by greedy
locals. Just look at the type of people in this thread who speak well
of it. Fags, liberals and morons. Sorta proves my point, doesn't it?

Any place where you can't anchor without seeing another human being
for a week is not a place I want to be visiting. Tourist trap
destinations are so degrading. The people who frequent them are
losers. Ask yourself do you really want to voluntarily rub elbows with
people like that?

Wilbur Hubbard

Don't even begin to follow this rathole downward. It's just another
ignorant post from Wilbur, Capt Neal, or whatever his real name is, and
replying to it only degrades the real discussion that people are trying
to have.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

On Sep 11, 5:23 am, Geoff Schultz wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote ctanews.com:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

-- Geoffwww.GeoffSchultz.org- Hide quoted text -

I check out your site pretty good, did not see a stop in Ambergris
Caye.

You would not believe the BS I hear from lubbers here.

Things like, go around Cuba to avoid pirates in the Yucatan
channel...no wind...ect..ect..

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Joe wrote in
ups.com:

"Joe" wrote in message
roups.com...
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

I check out your site pretty good, did not see a stop in Ambergris
Caye.

You would not believe the BS I hear from lubbers here.

Things like, go around Cuba to avoid pirates in the Yucatan
channel...no wind...ect..ect..

Joe

Ambergris Cay is the name of the cay/island. The major town is San
Pedro, which you'll see indexed under in the Belize logs. (Actually, I
just changed the log report title to "Ambergris Cay: San Pedro" to match
the format of other log titles.)

I really dislike anchoring at San Pedro. The holding is very poor and
you have to dive on the anchor to set it. What makes this really bad is
the water taxies and dive boats that FLY through the anchorage and have
come very close to running me over while swimming out to the anchor.
Between the reef cut at San Pedro and the high speed boats, this is a
very rocky anchorage.

San Pedro is an immigration/customs location, and every 30 days you need
to re-do your paperwork. That's a royal pain. At the N end of Belize,
your choices are San Pedro or Belize City. Due to security issues, you
can't leave your boat unattended at anchor at Belize City, so you have
to go into Cucumber Beach marina, which is often full.

I tend to anchor at Cay Caulker and take the water taxi over to San
Pedro. Alternately I'll bring BlueJacket there and head directly back
to Cay Caulker after doing paperwork and re-provisioning.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Joe wrote in
ups.com:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

Geoff, did you get to the Blue Field Range? We loved it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Joe wrote in
ups.com:

On Sep 11, 5:23 am, Geoff Schultz

wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote
ctanews.com:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

We spent the vast majority of our time diving at the atols, but one
season were stuck behind the barrier reef waiting for the winds to relax
so that we could get out there. We made the best of that time by
exploring the cays of Belize. One of our stops was Blue Field Range.

You can see all of the places that we spent time at in Belize by going
to: http://www.geoffschultz.org/Log_Page...?region=Belize

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Joe wrote in
ups.com:

On Sep 11, 5:23 am, Geoff Schultz

wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote
ctanews.com:

"Joe" wrote in message
[...]

We were there several years ago... when we pulled in, there were a few boats
in the lagoon. By the time we anchored, they were all gone, and we had the
rest of several days to ourselves. We met some local fishermen, who in
exchange for some books and sodas, took us to their make-shift camp and to
their fishing cages, and showed us how they fished. Very nice people.

You're the first person I've heard from who actually has been there.. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Ambergris Caye Belize Joe Cruising 25 September 13th 07 05:47 AM
BE - Belize PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 1 May 26th 07 02:37 PM
belize Sea Escapade Cruising 6 October 24th 04 06:33 PM
Cruising in Belize Jim Lea Cruising 11 October 17th 04 10:31 PM
Belize Marty Browne General 0 August 4th 03 11:11 PM