Sea Escapade

Default belize

I'm looking for a marina in Belize to leave my sailboat during christmas
period.
Tank you

Geoffrey W. Schultz

"Sea Escapade" wrote in news:bS7ed.23790
:

I'm looking for a marina in Belize to leave my sailboat during christmas
period.

Your only choice is Cucumber Beach Marine which is just south of Belize
City. Virtually all of the information that you need is located he

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2004
_Sailing/Reports/Belize_Cucumber_Beach_Marina.html

-- Geoff

Wayne.B

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:32:12 GMT, "Geoffrey W. Schultz"
wrote:
"Sea Escapade" wrote in news:bS7ed.23790
:

I'm looking for a marina in Belize to leave my sailboat during christmas
period.

Your only choice is Cucumber Beach Marine which is just south of Belize
City. Virtually all of the information that you need is located he

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2004
_Sailing/Reports/Belize_Cucumber_Beach_Marina.html

======================================

What kind of watermaker did you end up with and how is it performing?
Geoffrey W. Schultz

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:32:12 GMT, "Geoffrey W. Schultz"
wrote:
"Sea Escapade" wrote in
news:bS7ed.23790 :

I'm looking for a marina in Belize to leave my sailboat during
christmas period.

Your only choice is Cucumber Beach Marine which is just south of
Belize City. Virtually all of the information that you need is
located he

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2004
_Sailing/Reports/Belize_Cucumber_Beach_Marina.html

======================================

What kind of watermaker did you end up with and how is it performing?

I ended up with a Village Marine "Little Wonder" which is supposed to make
10.2 GPH at about 16 amps. However the membrane was faulty and it was only
producing around 7.5 GPH. I had to haul the membrane back from Guatemala,
ship it to them, have them determine that the membrane was at fault, and
now I have to ship the new membrane back to Guatemala and pay shipping and
duty...I'm not happy about that, but otherwise I'm pleased.

This is a KISS-type watermaker, which is what I want. I had a Sea Recovery
unit, but it drew too much power and was too complex for maintainability
where I cruise.

-- Geoff

Geoffrey W. Schultz

I didn't know that Moho had opened back up. But having been to Moho
several times I can assure you that Cucumber Beach Marina is much better.
Moho had missing dock boards; boards that weren't nailed down so you had to
walk down the middle of the dock; regularly had power outages and water
outages; had outboard motor "issues" with the launch which was the only way
to get into shore; no fuel; and had a 5' channel which I dredged more than
once with my wing keel.

-- Geoff

"Jim Lea" wrote in :

The marina on Moho cay (just off Belize City) is open again, but
Cucumber beach is by far the best choice.

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
. ..
"Sea Escapade" wrote in
news:bS7ed.23790 :

I'm looking for a marina in Belize to leave my sailboat during
christmas period.

Your only choice is Cucumber Beach Marine which is just south of
Belize City. Virtually all of the information that you need is
located he

http://www.geoffschultz.org/2004
_Sailing/Reports/Belize_Cucumber_Beach_Marina.html

-- Geoff

Jim Lea

I don't think it's improved a lot. I went by it Saturday (day before
yesterday) and, although "open", it still looked to be in rough shape. I did
see a travelift that I did not know they had, but no idea of its capacity or
condition. That's why I endorse your recommendation of Cucumber beach.

7...