Bill

Default Chartering in Belize, experiences?

Can anybody tell me about chartering in this area?

--

Bill

Bc8181

..

Can anybody tell me about chartering in this area?

--

Bill

Check out this site:
http://www.ocscsailing.com/vacation/...as/belize.html

Also, look through the club's newsletters...they have written up a trip or two.

Bob

Geoffrey W. Schultz

Can anybody tell me about chartering in this area?

While I haven't chartered in Belize, I spent 3+ months cruising and diving
there this past winter. Charter boats aren't allowed outside of the
barrier reef and thus you can't go out to the atolls where the best diving
and snorkling is.

Navigation there defianely some of the most challenging that I've
experienced. There are reefs everywhere! There seem to be 1 or 2 circuits
that the charter boats follow and perhaps they've laid out relatively safe
courses. A cat is defiantely the way too go as there's lots of shallow
water that a monohull can't get in to. Almost all of the cays look the
same...low lying mangrove covered pieces of sand. Unless someone has
cleared them, you can't walk on them.

All in all it's a beautiful area, but make sure that you're up on your
navigation. Also it can b quite chilly until March or April. Northers
blow down all of the time from November to February, so be prepared for
cool, windy conditions if you're there during that time period.

-- Geoff

SAIL LOCO

My wife wouldn't go for the place. There are no restaurunts.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

LaBomba182

Subject: Chartering in Belize, experiences?
From: (SAIL LOCO)

My wife wouldn't go for the place. There are no restaurunts.

I take it she only likes small dinning rooms?

Capt. Bill