posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Joe Joe is offline

Default Ambergris Caye Belize

Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Jerry Jeff Walker and his wife have a house there. There was an article in
last weeks Austin chronicle.

ron
--
Ron Roberts or
Phone (512) 971-1614

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

Yup... couple of years.... great part of the world!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Joe wrote in news:1189449136.718260.207240
@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

My wife and I were there 2 years ago and it's nice in a rustic sort of way.
We didn't sail there though (flew from Corozal). We did our first ever
snorkelling in the Hol Chan Marine Preserve and were suitably impressed.
There many colorful fish as well as rays, nurse sharks, moray eels and
lobster. These are the guys that took us out:

http://www.amigosdive.com/
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

(Ronald Hugh Roberts) wrote in
:

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Jerry Jeff Walker and his wife have a house there. There was an article
in last weeks Austin chronicle.

ron

Nice place:

http://www.jerryjeff.com/casagonzo/

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Joe wrote in news:1189449136.718260.207240
@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

I spent 4 years sailing/diving in the area and have extensive logs and
photos of the area which are documented on my web site.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Joe wrote in news:1189449136.718260.207240
@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

I spent 4 years sailing/diving in the area and have extensive logs and
photos of the area which are documented on my web site.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Nice!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

A waste of space. Just another New Orleans or Key West type destination
with crowds of ignorant tourists catered to by greedy locals. Just look
at the type of people in this thread who speak well of it. Fags,
liberals and morons. Sorta proves my point, doesn't it?

Any place where you can't anchor without seeing another human being for
a week is not a place I want to be visiting. Tourist trap destinations
are so degrading. The people who frequent them are losers. Ask yourself
do you really want to voluntarily rub elbows with people like that?

Wilbur Hubbard

Joe wrote:
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Been there but not by sailboat. Arrived by airplane and then by float
plane to the barrier reef. Pretty much a paradise aside from many of the
people.
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:57:44 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
roups.com...
Anyone ever sail there?

Looks like a cool place:
http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/island.html

Second largest reef on earth.

Joe

A waste of space. Just another New Orleans or Key West type destination
with crowds of ignorant tourists catered to by greedy locals. Just look
at the type of people in this thread who speak well of it. Fags,
liberals and morons. Sorta proves my point, doesn't it?

Any place where you can't anchor without seeing another human being for
a week is not a place I want to be visiting. Tourist trap destinations
are so degrading. The people who frequent them are losers. Ask yourself
do you really want to voluntarily rub elbows with people like that?

Wilbur Hubbard

Willy boy, you are about half right. One does hate rubbing elbows with
the proletariat.

On the other hand rubbing elbows with Wilbut Hubbard would be
unthinkable.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Snorkeling-Belize vs BVI lkomita Cruising 4 June 19th 07 02:08 PM
BE - Belize PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 1 May 26th 07 02:37 PM
belize Sea Escapade Cruising 6 October 24th 04 06:33 PM
Cruising in Belize Jim Lea Cruising 11 October 17th 04 10:31 PM
Belize Marty Browne General 0 August 4th 03 11:11 PM