posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default i scream, you scream, ...

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"tedhutchinson" wrote in message
ups.com...

On 14 Aug, 19:58, "Capt. JG" wrote:

Oh what complete bs. Do you really believe that using sunscreen prevents
all
UVB or UVA from getting through? Have you even read the literature?
Unless
you have very dark skin, typically brown/black, and if you live in areas
that don't get much sun (like extreme north or south), you get plenty of
sun. Do you put on sunscreen walking to the car, to the mall, to the
mailbox?

Feel free to die of skin cancer if that's your choice....

--
"j" ganz

If it were the case that casual sun exposure provided sufficient
Vitamin D to meet our daily needs we would not have the current
epidemic of Vitamin D insufficiency.
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/85/3/860 shows the 9 out of
10 UK adults have less than 75nmol/L in the Winter and 60% remain
deficient during the Summer.

Feel free to die of those 17 cancers that thrive in Vitamin D
insufficient bodies if that's your choice but I'd rather risk skin
cancer than all this lot. lung, prostate, colon, breast ovary uterus
bladder Oesophagus kidney pancreas stomach gallbladder larynx Hodgkin
lymphoma non Hodgkin lymphoma myeloma For each skin cancer death there
are over 30 attibutable to the effects of low vitamin D status.

Even melanoma is inversly related to vitamin D status. Those people
with melanoma who have the highest vitamin D status have the best
prognosis and the fewest repeats. The central cause of melanoma, is
not sun exposure, but an imbalance in the omega 6 to 3 fat ratio.
Epidemiological, experimental, and mechanistic data implicate omega-6
fat as stimulators and long-chain omega-3 fats as inhibitors of
development and progression of a range of human cancers, including
melanoma.
Rather than promote the use of sunscreens and severely limit the
valuable benefits of UV-B radiation, we should encourage the judicious
use of clothing and timed sun exposure.

Key phrase... UK adults. We actually see sun from time to time.

Key phrase: US Adults and CHildren

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/77333.php

http://archpedi.ama-assn.org/cgi/con...158/6/531?etoc

http://archpedi.ama-assn.org/cgi/con...158/6/531?etoc

Most common in those with dark skin. Most common in the north. Feel free not
to cover up if you think that by doing so, you'll be able to cover every
spot on your skin.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 19, 3:05 am, "Captain Crunch" wrote:
"ladysailor" wrote in message

ups.com...

BTW, we are using Mike's yellow boxers for our Q flag here in the
Pacific.

Too Much Un-necessary Information

Just for old times sake. It's what we used while sailing the Pau when
we couldn't find the yellow flag.

Barb
s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"ladysailor" wrote:
BTW, we are using Mike's yellow boxers for our Q flag here
in the
Pacific.

Lol...that brings back memories!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Seahag" wrote in message

You might not want to wear it toward the end of

October.
:-)

That's when she adds the broom...

Funny you should mention that...Mr.H just bought me a new
broom!

Does it have a GPS system?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
"Seahag" wrote in message

You might not want to wear it toward the end of

October.

:-)

That's when she adds the broom...

Funny you should mention that...Mr.H just bought me a new
broom!

Does it have a GPS system?

She dead reckons....

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
"Seahag" wrote in message

You might not want to wear it toward the end of

October.

:-)

That's when she adds the broom...

Funny you should mention that...Mr.H just bought me a new
broom!

Does it have a GPS system?

She dead reckons....

It's ded not dead... Haggie is quite alive...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:

"Seahag" wrote in message

You might not want to wear it toward the end of

October.

:-)

That's when she adds the broom...

Funny you should mention that...Mr.H just bought me a new
broom!

Does it have a GPS system?

She dead reckons....

It's ded not dead... Haggie is quite alive...

Like I said..she dead reckons...and it is not she that is dead....it's
whatever she's reckoning at....
why am I explaining a joke? We're talking about her broom here, not her
boat....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:

"Seahag" wrote in message

You might not want to wear it toward the end of

October.

:-)

That's when she adds the broom...

Funny you should mention that...Mr.H just bought me a new
broom!

Does it have a GPS system?

She dead reckons....

It's ded not dead... Haggie is quite alive...

Like I said..she dead reckons...and it is not she that is dead....it's
whatever she's reckoning at....
why am I explaining a joke? We're talking about her broom here, not her
boat....

I don't know. But, it was fun while it lasted. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote:

"Seahag" wrote:

You might not want to wear it toward the end of

October.
:-)

That's when she adds the broom...

Funny you should mention that...Mr.H just bought me a new
broom!

Does it have a GPS system?

I have an adapter for my Jeep Garmin for the Broom. Runs on
static charge, with a methane back up\

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote:

We're talking about her broom here, not her
boat....

Hey now!

Just got home a little while ago...I was right to wait until
after dark. However the back of the cabin has been skimmed,
faired, and has primer on! I so happy! I'll have to nip
out and get a pic of it tomorrow.

Seahag