posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default i scream, you scream, ...

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

I make my own out of mayonnaise , horseradish sauce and
bacon grease. SPF is 72.

SBV

You forgot the cilantro.

..and the brown sugar....

And, once you've had brown sugar, you just can't go back to regular.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

ladysailor wrote:
On Aug 15, 4:30 pm, katy wrote:

Seahag wrote:

"ladysailor" wrote:

s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

Current location: Rarotonga, Southern Cook Islands.

Nice pics! Are ya headed for Vanuatu?!

Seahag

Really nice pics....that's one loud sarong there, Barb....blast yer
eyeballs right out!

Thanks. The sarong was part of my birthday presents. Mike likes
loud, you may have noticed some of his tie-dyed tee shirts.

Aw...he's just an ancient hippie at heart there...I remember making
those things in the ktichen (much to my mother's chagrin)...all those
rubberbands! Besides, you'll both fit in with the tropical flowers!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

I make my own out of mayonnaise , horseradish sauce and
bacon grease. SPF is 72.

SBV

You forgot the cilantro.

..and the brown sugar....

And, once you've had brown sugar, you just can't go back to regular.

ummmm.......isn't that rather a racist innuendo?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

I make my own out of mayonnaise , horseradish sauce and
bacon grease. SPF is 72.

SBV

You forgot the cilantro.

..and the brown sugar....

And, once you've had brown sugar, you just can't go back to regular.

ummmm.......isn't that rather a racist innuendo?

I'm talking about sugar. What are you talking about????

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

I make my own out of mayonnaise , horseradish sauce and
bacon grease. SPF is 72.

SBV

You forgot the cilantro.

..and the brown sugar....

And, once you've had brown sugar, you just can't go back to regular.

ummmm.......isn't that rather a racist innuendo?

I'm talking about sugar. What are you talking about????

An old inappropriate saying that sounds remarkably similar to that quip....

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
.. .

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

I make my own out of mayonnaise , horseradish sauce and
bacon grease. SPF is 72.

SBV

You forgot the cilantro.

..and the brown sugar....

And, once you've had brown sugar, you just can't go back to regular.

ummmm.......isn't that rather a racist innuendo?

I'm talking about sugar. What are you talking about????

An old inappropriate saying that sounds remarkably similar to that
quip....

Maybe you're thinking of the Rolling Stones lyrics....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

There is a lot to be said for those "sun shirts" and floppy hats. I
discovered the sun shirt and have been wearing them this summer. A lot
cooler too than plain old T shirts.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"roger" wrote in message
ups.com...
There is a lot to be said for those "sun shirts" and floppy hats. I
discovered the sun shirt and have been wearing them this summer. A lot
cooler too than plain old T shirts.

If there's any wind those hats are next to useless. The same thing can
be said for any big, oversized floppy shirt. Dangerous when sailing
because they can get caught everywhere.

In this day and age there are many modern materials that can be worn
tight which wick away perspiration and keep you cooler than any large
floppy clothing.

Nope, the reason large floppy clothing is popular these day, is because
people are obese and they think such clothing makes their fat bodies
look more palatable. They think such clothing hides their obesity. They
are wrong. They just look like obese people with large, floppy clothing.
Have you seen photos of the Arabella crew? Disgraceful! I guess they
don't really enjoy what they're doing. Why else would they allow
themselves to continue to be candidates for heart attack or stroke?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:48:25 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"roger" wrote in message
roups.com...
There is a lot to be said for those "sun shirts" and floppy hats. I
discovered the sun shirt and have been wearing them this summer. A
lot
cooler too than plain old T shirts.

If there's any wind those hats are next to useless.

If you owned a real Tilley Hat rather than an imitation, you'd think
differently. Not that I'm accusing you of thinking at all...

http://www.tilley.com/

Yes, that's just what you want to do. Cover you head with a canvas hat
that makes you sweat like a dog and does not allow the heat your head
produces to escape.

Did you know that your head (uncovered) escapes about 45% of the heat
your body produces? Cover it up and the rest of your body has to assume
the cooling chores. Dumb dumb dumb. Why do you think people have hair.
It provides the shade and it provides extra surface area to wick away
heat and sweat. Long and shaggy, shoulder-length your hair is best. Also
facial hair is a must. It does the same thing. It cools your face,
protects it from the sun and identifies you as a man. Shaving makes you
look like a girly-man. The Taliban are a bad group of men but they do
have a couple of things right. One is men are supposed to look like men
with beard and shaggy hair. Another is women should assume their
rightful position. That is being a helper or servant to men and doing
what men tell them to do. But, that's another subject I'll refrain from
commenting on further at this time.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
Yes, that's just what you want to do. Cover you head with a canvas hat
that makes you sweat like a dog

Dogs don't sweat

This "wilbur hubbard" character is just as smart as JaxAshby but not
as funny. Can we trade him for something new?

DSK