posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default i scream, you scream, ...

We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the best
and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are highly
rated for UVA and UVB.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the best
and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are highly
rated for UVA and UVB.

If you have any types of allergies, watch the No_Ad one...gave me little
blisters and bumps...I only use 15 when I use any at all....the ebst
protection agaisnt "bad rays" is to go unexposed fr the first 15
minutes...the bkody has its' own defense mechanism that triggers the
pigment in the skin to protect but only after 15 minutes...you also need
that amount of time to absorb Vitamin d...then after 15 minutes put on
the block or screen or whatever...I am most fortunate that I have olive
skin so don't burn very easily....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 13, 6:05 pm, katy wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:
We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the best
and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are highly
rated for UVA and UVB.

If you have any types of allergies, watch the No_Ad one...gave me little
blisters and bumps...I only use 15 when I use any at all....the ebst
protection agaisnt "bad rays" is to go unexposed fr the first 15
minutes...the bkody has its' own defense mechanism that triggers the
pigment in the skin to protect but only after 15 minutes...you also need
that amount of time to absorb Vitamin d...then after 15 minutes put on
the block or screen or whatever...I am most fortunate that I have olive
skin so don't burn very easily....

I used that No Ad crap on my face and neck before a job interview. I
sat there looking like a toad with blisters and bumps on my face and
neck. I didn't get the job.

Ocean Potion puts orange sweat marks and ring around the collar on my
clothes. Bleach won't take the stains out but soaking overnight in
Oxyclean does.

I tried Bull Frog, but if you don't put it on fast enough, it dries
really fast and you look like you have pieces of dried snot on your
face.

Now i use that spray on Bull Frog. I luv the stuff. It doubles as
aftershave because it has alcohol in it and stings your face. They
even have a version with Deet in it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the
best and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are
highly rated for UVA and UVB.

If you have any types of allergies, watch the No_Ad one...gave me little
blisters and bumps...I only use 15 when I use any at all....the ebst
protection agaisnt "bad rays" is to go unexposed fr the first 15
minutes...the bkody has its' own defense mechanism that triggers the
pigment in the skin to protect but only after 15 minutes...you also need
that amount of time to absorb Vitamin d...then after 15 minutes put on the
block or screen or whatever...I am most fortunate that I have olive skin
so don't burn very easily....

This isn't what dermatologists stay. You should be applying sunblock 15-20
minutes before exposure. Tanning in intense sun can take place in much less
than 15 minutes and no tanning is good. Where you get this stuff, I have no
idea.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"roger" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 13, 6:05 pm, katy wrote:
Capt. JG wrote:
[...]

Jeez... you guys have some strange skin.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
We all scream for sunscreen...

What do you use? Maybe you should think about upgrading...

Consumer Reports rated Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45 as the
best and the best buy as No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45. Both are
highly rated for UVA and UVB.

If you have any types of allergies, watch the No_Ad one...gave me little
blisters and bumps...I only use 15 when I use any at all....the ebst
protection agaisnt "bad rays" is to go unexposed fr the first 15
minutes...the bkody has its' own defense mechanism that triggers the
pigment in the skin to protect but only after 15 minutes...you also need
that amount of time to absorb Vitamin d...then after 15 minutes put on the
block or screen or whatever...I am most fortunate that I have olive skin
so don't burn very easily....

I have a friend who's skin was severely damaged from the sun, mainly because
she didn't follow siimple precautions, such as covering up, staying out of
the mid-day sun, and not applying sunscreen on a regular basis. Feel free to
damage your own skin, but I think I'll pass.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo.../risk/159.html
http://www.burnsurvivorsttw.org/articles/sundamage.html
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/HQ/01462.html
http://www.aocd.org/skin/prevsun.html
http://telemedicine.org/sundam/sundam2.4.1.html

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

I got it originally from a dermatologist on the Today SHow... but just
in case you don't know how to Google, put benefits of 15 minutes in the
sun into your search and see what happens..or read this to start:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/30769.php

http://www.sunsmart.org.nz/skin-canc...-exposure.aspx

http://www.articleclick.com/Article/...unlight/919158

Why you aren't more well read is beyond me....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"roger" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Aug 13, 6:05 pm, katy wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

No....it is common with people with allergies....the No-Ad fake tan
stuff does the same thing...I know quite a few people that have reacted
that way to it...it is a chemical, after all, and you are pouring it
into your pores where it is difficult to sweat out...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

You always take everything to the extreme, Jon...no one said go stand
out in the midday sun frying yourself into human bacon. There are safe
times to be out. You ahve to watch the UV ratings for the day and apply
whatever you use in accordance with the conditions. Try not being such
an extremist...your shrieking hurts peoples ears.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

Katy, if you're outdoors at all... walking to your car, to the post office,
you're getting all you need. Promoting not putting sunscreen on when
boating, an enviroment that lends itself to intense sun exposure, is
downright dangerous.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com