posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The trouble with hybris cars.

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
They're not sentient...

How do you know? We know cows are stupid.. I have no

problem eating them.

So you eat liberals, too?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
oups.com..
..
..... My favorite road
kill would have to be deer. You have to get them while

they are still warm
and make sure to cut away or at least grind up the

damaged parts.

If the gut is ruptured then it's all spoiled. I doubt very

many road-
killed deer are safe to eat, and the adrenaline from being

hit would
probably ruin the taste of ones that were safe.

I've had road kill deer a few times, it was all good.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message

"katy" wrote in message

No...I don't eat carnivorous mammals intentionally...I

sometimes even
have problems with theomnivores...give me a good old

herbivore any
day...my uncle used to stew possums...his theory was that

if you added
enough jalepeno to something it killed any bad taste and

also sterilized
the germs...

Is not a celery stalk a living thing?
Does not a lettuce leaf feel pain?
A tomatoe bleed when stabbed with a fork?

Quite right Scotty. The future king of UK understands this very well and
regularly talks to them.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

No...I don't eat carnivorous mammals intentionally...I

sometimes even

have problems with theomnivores...give me a good old

herbivore any

day...my uncle used to stew possums...his theory was that

if you added

enough jalepeno to something it killed any bad taste and

also sterilized

the germs...

Is not a celery stalk a living thing?
Does not a lettuce leaf feel pain?
A tomatoe bleed when stabbed with a fork?

They're not sentient...

I have read of an experiment where someone put some kind of sensor on a
plant and then saw the needle jump when he came into the room saying he was
going to cut it down...

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
oups.com...

A wise man once told me that anything is good if you cook it with
enough butter and garlic. I think he's right.... case in point:
escargo!

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)

Now I know your nationality. . You eat frogs too, right?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

No...I don't eat carnivorous mammals intentionally...I

sometimes even

have problems with theomnivores...give me a good old

herbivore any

day...my uncle used to stew possums...his theory was that

if you added

enough jalepeno to something it killed any bad taste and

also sterilized

the germs...

Is not a celery stalk a living thing?
Does not a lettuce leaf feel pain?
A tomatoe bleed when stabbed with a fork?

They're not sentient...

How do you know? We know cows are stupid.. I have no problem eating them.
What about broccoli? How do you tell?

You can be stupid and stillb e sentient...refrains from next
conjecture....I have had many conversations with plants...while they do
like the conversations because I am actively providing them with CO@ so
they grow better, noone has ever made any indication that they are
smart, stupid or otherwise...none has ever gotten up out of its pot and
watered itself, picked the dead heads off itself, or done anything
except exist....if it weren't for me and the bees, nost of my plants
would be dead...now a cow can live without the help of man..turn him
loose on a plain and he will find other cows, make a cow herd,
reproduce, eat the grass and provide food for other beings...he will
also have cow conversations with other cows..and everyone knows brocolli
has no brain...have you ever grown brocolli? It's not an easy plant to
get along with..you have to constantly deslug them and make sure that
the moths don't get them...and when they go bad, they stink. Excellent
food though...lots of fiber...

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:
katysails wrote

PETA people do not believe in owning pets of any kind..they believe all
animals should be emancipated from man...

I think that's right. A bunch of them have been mad at me about lab
animals etc etc, rather stupid unless you refuse all medicine.

...most people are under the
delusion that they are a society to protect animals...not so..they are a
society to get rid of domesticate d animals, including hogs, cows,
horses, and any other animal used to assist man in living.

Well, they think they are protecting animals. But as you say, mostly
they are rather stupid people with an incomplete (at best) moral
sense. After all, if we have been using domesticated animals for over
100,000 years now (let's get all the bible-thumpers mad at me too)
then both man & the animals have evolved interdependently. There is no
"returning them to nature" as there is nothing at all in nature like a
Pekinese or a chicken, and never was. Furthermore, there is not enough
nature left to "turn them back" to.

Mundo wrote:

So you don't think it was Peta.. If we were not supposed to eat animals
God(if there is one) would not have made them so tasty.

Agreed. Why did we bother to fight our way to the top of the food
chain if we can't enjoy being there?

.... I think if you take an
animals life you should at least have the respect to eat it.

Agreed within limits. I am not eating a possum just because it ran in
front of my car, sorry.

..... My favorite road
kill would have to be deer. You have to get them while they are still warm
and make sure to cut away or at least grind up the damaged parts.

If the gut is ruptured then it's all spoiled. I doubt very many road-
killed deer are safe to eat, and the adrenaline from being hit would
probably ruin the taste of ones that were safe.

... I bet cat is stringy. Do you have any recipes for cat Katy?

A wise man once told me that anything is good if you cook it with
enough butter and garlic. I think he's right.... case in point:
escargo!

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)

All escargot is is butter and garlic flavored pencil erasers...you like
to eat erasers?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Edgar wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

A wise man once told me that anything is good if you cook it with
enough butter and garlic. I think he's right.... case in point:
escargo!

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)

Now I know your nationality. . You eat frogs too, right?

Gack...what an abomination! Eating reptiles and
amphibians...ugh..unnatural..I'd sooner ear the possum..
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Edgar wrote:
"Scotty" w@u wrote in message

"katy" wrote in message

No...I don't eat carnivorous mammals intentionally...I

sometimes even

have problems with theomnivores...give me a good old

herbivore any

day...my uncle used to stew possums...his theory was that

if you added

enough jalepeno to something it killed any bad taste and

also sterilized

the germs...

Is not a celery stalk a living thing?
Does not a lettuce leaf feel pain?
A tomatoe bleed when stabbed with a fork?

Quite right Scotty. The future king of UK understands this very well and
regularly talks to them.

Harry? Certainly you couldn't mean the Camilla sniffer? I vet QE2 would
never allow that..she'll outlive him in spite just so it will never
happen....

Speaking of cars... usafhg General 0 October 16th 06 08:19 PM
Sloco's Cars Capt. Rob ASA 15 November 28th 05 09:02 PM
Gas Hog Cars, same phenomenon as boats [email protected] General 19 November 10th 05 07:56 PM
Reagan, Cars, and Trees -- PLEASE Clarify Gary General 0 March 10th 05 05:01 PM
Still Trouble Shooting 1982 Mercury V-6 Bob La Londe General 0 July 20th 03 03:33 AM