posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default The trouble with hybris cars.

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

No...I don't eat carnivorous mammals intentionally...I

sometimes even

have problems with theomnivores...give me a good old

herbivore any

day...my uncle used to stew possums...his theory was that

if you added

enough jalepeno to something it killed any bad taste and

also sterilized

the germs...

Is not a celery stalk a living thing?
Does not a lettuce leaf feel pain?
A tomatoe bleed when stabbed with a fork?

They're not sentient...

How do you know? We know cows are stupid.. I have no problem eating them.
What about broccoli? How do you tell?

You can be stupid and stillb e sentient...refrains from next
conjecture....I have had many conversations with plants...while they do
like the conversations because I am actively providing them with CO@ so
they grow better, noone has ever made any indication that they are
smart, stupid or otherwise...none has ever gotten up out of its pot and
watered itself, picked the dead heads off itself, or done anything
except exist....if it weren't for me and the bees, nost of my plants
would be dead...now a cow can live without the help of man..turn him
loose on a plain and he will find other cows, make a cow herd,
reproduce, eat the grass and provide food for other beings...he will
also have cow conversations with other cows..and everyone knows brocolli
has no brain...have you ever grown brocolli? It's not an easy plant to
get along with..you have to constantly deslug them and make sure that
the moths don't get them...and when they go bad, they stink. Excellent
food though...lots of fiber...