posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default The trouble with hybris cars.

wrote:
katysails wrote

PETA people do not believe in owning pets of any kind..they believe all
animals should be emancipated from man...

I think that's right. A bunch of them have been mad at me about lab
animals etc etc, rather stupid unless you refuse all medicine.

...most people are under the
delusion that they are a society to protect animals...not so..they are a
society to get rid of domesticate d animals, including hogs, cows,
horses, and any other animal used to assist man in living.

Well, they think they are protecting animals. But as you say, mostly
they are rather stupid people with an incomplete (at best) moral
sense. After all, if we have been using domesticated animals for over
100,000 years now (let's get all the bible-thumpers mad at me too)
then both man & the animals have evolved interdependently. There is no
"returning them to nature" as there is nothing at all in nature like a
Pekinese or a chicken, and never was. Furthermore, there is not enough
nature left to "turn them back" to.

Mundo wrote:

So you don't think it was Peta.. If we were not supposed to eat animals
God(if there is one) would not have made them so tasty.

Agreed. Why did we bother to fight our way to the top of the food
chain if we can't enjoy being there?

.... I think if you take an
animals life you should at least have the respect to eat it.

Agreed within limits. I am not eating a possum just because it ran in
front of my car, sorry.

..... My favorite road
kill would have to be deer. You have to get them while they are still warm
and make sure to cut away or at least grind up the damaged parts.

If the gut is ruptured then it's all spoiled. I doubt very many road-
killed deer are safe to eat, and the adrenaline from being hit would
probably ruin the taste of ones that were safe.

... I bet cat is stringy. Do you have any recipes for cat Katy?

A wise man once told me that anything is good if you cook it with
enough butter and garlic. I think he's right.... case in point:
escargo!

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)

All escargot is is butter and garlic flavored pencil erasers...you like
to eat erasers?