posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy

JimC wrote:
Scotty wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message
et...

Two questions Sotty:

(1) What percentage of those comments relate to the

current Macs (the 26M)?

100%

Let me be a little more specific. - What percentage of them were
specifically referring to the Mac 26M.

(Don't forget that it's a sin to tell a lie Sotty.)

(2) How many of the quotes were from individuals who had

actually

sailed the Mac, and in particular, the 26M?

5

Do you have any evidence for this ridiculous statement Sotty?

Of course he doesn't! Like you could *find* 5 people who's admit to
doing anything so stupid....

PDW

posted to alt.sailing.asa

CJH wrote:
DSK wrote:

But he won't do more sailing than any other trailerable sailboat,
he'll just go slower and have a harder time steering. Why do people
have to act like the Mac26 is the *only* trailerable sailboat?

Sorry, just catching up. I couldn't find my thread. No I haven't
joined the cult just yet. There are too many things to consider and
will have analysis paralysis for a while. So what are the
recommendations for other trailerable sailboats suitable for a family of
four as described in my initial post. If I carry a dingey with motor my
kids would be satiated. Don't worry about tow weight too much, F-350 SD
Diesel can pull quite a bit. I don't want to break the bank on my first
boat. I have some experience but would like to cut my teeth for 2-3
years and then break the bank.

Carl

Your F-350 would easily tow a fairly large boat. The problem with larger
boats is the difficulty involved with getting them launched and taken
out. You might want to look at trailorable boats from Catalina, Hunter,
O'Day, etc. Also consider used boats (check yachtworld.com).

Jim
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote in message
et...
Your F-350 would easily tow a fairly large boat. The

problem with larger
boats is the difficulty involved with getting them

launched and taken
out. You might want to look at trailorable boats from

Catalina, Hunter,
O'Day, etc. Anything but a Mac26M!

Good advice Jim.

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote in message
et...

Scotty wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message
et...

Two questions Sotty:

(1) What percentage of those comments relate to the

current Macs (the 26M)?

100%

Let me be a little more specific. - What percentage of

them were
specifically referring to the Mac 26M.

100%

(2) How many of the quotes were from individuals who

had

actually

sailed the Mac, and in particular, the 26M?

5

Do you have any evidence for this ridiculous statement

Sotty? Like
comments about when and where they sail the 26M, under

what
circumstances, what motor they use, what accessories they

added, and
why they bought a Mac 26M (if they did), etc.

Yes

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
"JimC" wrote in message
et...

Scotty wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message
y.net...

[...]

Interesting. Because of all the Mac-Bashers on this ng, I know of none
who have actually sailed the 26M.

Jim

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote in message
m...

Interesting. Because of all the Mac-Bashers on this ng, I

know of none
who have actually sailed the 26M.

what you know is not necessarily reality.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message
et...

Your F-350 would easily tow a fairly large boat. The

problem with larger

boats is the difficulty involved with getting them

launched and taken

out. You might want to look at trailorable boats from

Catalina, Hunter,

O'Day, etc., in addition to the Mac.

Good advice Jim.

SBV

Thanks,
Jim
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"JimC" wrote in message
m...

You might want to look at trailorable boats from

Catalina, Hunter,

O'Day, etc. Anything but a Mac26M!

Good advice Jim.

SBV

Thanks,
Jim

you're welcome.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

JimC wrote:

Interesting. Because of all the Mac-Bashers on this ng, I know of none
who have actually sailed the 26M.

There was a 26X at my old marina for several years - I even got a bit
friendly with them and had hopes of getting a ride, but in two years I
only saw them out of the slip once. (Curiously, it was when we were
dashing in to beat a major thunderstorm, and they were headed out. I
hoped they were actually headed to the local ramp to haul out.)

I thought my luck would change at my new marina when I realized there
were two Macs within a few slips. In this case I never saw the
owners, and to my knowledge, each one only went out once last summer.

BTW, we had a fire at my storage yard last winter. The Carver
protected the above mentioned 26X:
http://www.sv-loki.com/AH-Fire-1.jpg