posted to alt.sailing.asa
JimC JimC is offline

Default Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy

CJH wrote:
DSK wrote:

But he won't do more sailing than any other trailerable sailboat,
he'll just go slower and have a harder time steering. Why do people
have to act like the Mac26 is the *only* trailerable sailboat?

Sorry, just catching up. I couldn't find my thread. No I haven't
joined the cult just yet. There are too many things to consider and
will have analysis paralysis for a while. So what are the
recommendations for other trailerable sailboats suitable for a family of
four as described in my initial post. If I carry a dingey with motor my
kids would be satiated. Don't worry about tow weight too much, F-350 SD
Diesel can pull quite a bit. I don't want to break the bank on my first
boat. I have some experience but would like to cut my teeth for 2-3
years and then break the bank.

Carl

Your F-350 would easily tow a fairly large boat. The problem with larger
boats is the difficulty involved with getting them launched and taken
out. You might want to look at trailorable boats from Catalina, Hunter,
O'Day, etc. Also consider used boats (check yachtworld.com).

Jim