posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default wind generators

I have to chime in on this as I am considering power options for a
bluewater trip to HI sometime in the future. It occurs to me that for
coastal crusing most of us like to get away from day to day annoyances,
but for the bluewater voyager there is a new array of functional and
safety considerations that probably outweigh the 'getting away from it
all' frame of mind. With that said I am investigating weather a solar
only option will be adequate as I too don't like the noise of wind
generators either.

-Mark

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"Joe" wrote
| Where did you snap the pictures at? looks like Florida.

Your right. It's Sarasota. The best generators for a sailboat are the ones built in. The only thing
you can hear is some water splashing out. But, you don't want them to be anchored too close. They
smell of exhaust. Sailing is all about fresh air. It's getting away from civilization. People should
be considerate of others who don't want civilization anchored right upwind of them.....

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

An excellent item for the required onboard electrical needs. Don't listen to
these whining dock divas that have negative comments.... they readily fire
up an auxiliary and stink up the place to charge their batteries or leave a
dock. Most of them couldn't operate a boat without a massive electrical
output.

I'd recommend the sturdiest and largest unit your vessel can comfortably
carry. If anyone complains about noise... fire up the 1000 watt sound system
and crank up the bazooka tube to drown them out. Then fire up the genset and
your engine as well. Start hollering off key to the music and dance around
your boat buck naked swinging a bottle of rum. Keep that up for 30 min...
then put your clothes back on, shut down everything but the wind gen, see
how many vessels have weighed anchor... you won't have any further
complaints. It's all a matter of perspective.

Chucky is a ****ant without a clue about boats. He'll whine about noise and
sails in the frickien LIS... surrounded by noise and smog! Chucky you big
baby! You Weiner!

Several boats in my mooring field are equipped with wind gens... I don't
hear them. Almost every serious long distance cruiser is equipped with both
solar and wind gen systems.

CM-

"Barry Gordon" wrote in message

I would be very grateful for opinions and experiences with the newer
wind generators such as Marine AirX, Aero6gen, KISS, Ampair. TIA.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt.Mooron" wrote |
| Several boats in my mooring field are equipped with wind gens... I don't
| hear them.

It's called sh*t in the ears syndrome..... :-)

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
Moroon hasn't gotten his dinghy wet in a long time. He's never done any
long
distance sailing, either. Doug King mails him old magazines after he's
done with
them. Really!

Took the water taxi to the mooring today Chucky.
From what I understand... 2 hours on the LIS is considered long distance by
the people who sail there. I've sailed on the South Pacific, South Atlantic,
North Atlantic, Pacific Northwest, Beaufort Sea, Hudson's Bay, Northwest
Passge Great Slave Lake, St Lawrence and 1000 Islands, Bahamas Eluethra and
Exuma Cays... but never in the LIS. Oh I sailed from Wallace Harbour to
Halifax when I was only 18.

You just keep making those long distance trips on the LIS why dontcha....

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaa

You're Fricken Tool!

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Capt.Mooron" wrote |
| Several boats in my mooring field are equipped with wind gens... I don't
| hear them.

It's called sh*t in the ears syndrome..... :-)

There were no less than 4 sailboats within 100 yards of me this year
equipped with wind gens.... I could hear a cricket fart at a hundred
feet.... never heard any sound form any of the wind gens. I did hear a lot
of stinkpots charging up their batteries.

Then again it's difficult to hear anything when the sound system is
cranked... the bass pulsing water from the hull , fish are floating upside
down suffering sonic shock, the genset and aux are on and I'm dancing buck
naked on the boat, swinging a bottle of rum and screaming "You're not the
Boss of Me!"
:-)

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt.Mooron" wrote
| Then again it's difficult to hear anything when the sound system is
| cranked... the bass pulsing water from the hull , fish are floating upside
| down suffering sonic shock, the genset and aux are on and I'm dancing buck
| naked on the boat, swinging a bottle of rum and screaming "You're not the
| Boss of Me!"
| :-)

Glad you corrected me. It's not sh*t in the ears. It's alcohol in the blood syndrome....
Much more fun!

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt.Mooron wrote:
"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Capt.Mooron" wrote |
| Several boats in my mooring field are equipped with wind gens... I don't
| hear them.

It's called sh*t in the ears syndrome..... :-)

There were no less than 4 sailboats within 100 yards of me this year
equipped with wind gens.... I could hear a cricket fart at a hundred
feet.... never heard any sound form any of the wind gens. I did hear a lot
of stinkpots charging up their batteries.

Then again it's difficult to hear anything when the sound system is
cranked... the bass pulsing water from the hull , fish are floating upside
down suffering sonic shock, the genset and aux are on and I'm dancing buck
naked on the boat, swinging a bottle of rum and screaming "You're not the
Boss of Me!"
:-)

CM-

It's so nice that your mooring neighbors keep theirs in such pristine
condition...at the last marina we were at, we had one next to us for
awhile and when the wind got up over 15 mph the thing sounded like it
was going to explode...and because their boat leaned on its bumpers, it
vibrated the dock...I think they're great when you're out cruising or
making passage, but if you're parked on a dock where people live aboard,
they can be quite an annoyance....especially if there are several
twirling around at the same time...running your engine qt the dock to
charge your battery is stupid...what a waste of fuel...get a trickle
charger and plug it in...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message

Sexual frustration manifests itself in many unusual ways. Poor baby!

You think I'm sockin' as Ellen???

Bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaaaa

You dumb turd!

Totally Clueless is what you are.....

Bwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

It's called sh*t in the ears syndrome..... :-)

Or, in the case of people who think that *all* wind
generators are noisy & vibrate a lot, just because they are
only familiar with cheap old ones, it's "**** between the
ears syndrome."

Capt.Mooron wrote:
There were no less than 4 sailboats within 100 yards of me this year
equipped with wind gens.... I could hear a cricket fart at a hundred
feet.... never heard any sound form any of the wind gens. I did hear a lot
of stinkpots charging up their batteries.

You can't expect them to use the *wind* now can you?

Then again it's difficult to hear anything when the sound system is
cranked... the bass pulsing water from the hull , fish are floating upside
down suffering sonic shock, the genset and aux are on and I'm dancing buck
naked on the boat, swinging a bottle of rum and screaming "You're not the
Boss of Me!"
:-)

I guess that's one way to keep people from anchoring too close.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote in message

I guess that's one way to keep people from anchoring too close.

Anchoring too close???

Hell NO!... I'm the one that sails in after everyone has set hook!!

I always try to get dead center of the fleet.

Separates the Wheat from the Chafe....

Sailors will drop by and party....

Pussies like Chucky ... get a hotel room ashore.

Bwahahahahahaahhaahahahaaaaa....

CM-

Wind Generators Barry Gordon General 6 October 28th 06 10:40 AM
Build-it-yourself wind generators - Mic Mic Cruising 7 March 31st 06 04:38 AM
SuperWind Wind Generators Geoff Schultz Cruising 22 December 14th 04 03:03 PM
Wind generators Nigel Boat Building 15 May 6th 04 11:02 PM
Wind generators Nigel Cruising 13 May 6th 04 11:02 PM