posted to alt.sailing.asa
Mark Mark is offline

Default wind generators

I have to chime in on this as I am considering power options for a
bluewater trip to HI sometime in the future. It occurs to me that for
coastal crusing most of us like to get away from day to day annoyances,
but for the bluewater voyager there is a new array of functional and
safety considerations that probably outweigh the 'getting away from it
all' frame of mind. With that said I am investigating weather a solar
only option will be adequate as I too don't like the noise of wind
generators either.

-Mark

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"Joe" wrote
| Where did you snap the pictures at? looks like Florida.

Your right. It's Sarasota. The best generators for a sailboat are the ones built in. The only thing
you can hear is some water splashing out. But, you don't want them to be anchored too close. They
smell of exhaust. Sailing is all about fresh air. It's getting away from civilization. People should
be considerate of others who don't want civilization anchored right upwind of them.....

Cheers,
Ellen