posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default wind generators

Capt.Mooron wrote:
"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...
"Capt.Mooron" wrote |
| Several boats in my mooring field are equipped with wind gens... I don't
| hear them.

It's called sh*t in the ears syndrome..... :-)

There were no less than 4 sailboats within 100 yards of me this year
equipped with wind gens.... I could hear a cricket fart at a hundred
feet.... never heard any sound form any of the wind gens. I did hear a lot
of stinkpots charging up their batteries.

Then again it's difficult to hear anything when the sound system is
cranked... the bass pulsing water from the hull , fish are floating upside
down suffering sonic shock, the genset and aux are on and I'm dancing buck
naked on the boat, swinging a bottle of rum and screaming "You're not the
Boss of Me!"
:-)

CM-

It's so nice that your mooring neighbors keep theirs in such pristine
condition...at the last marina we were at, we had one next to us for
awhile and when the wind got up over 15 mph the thing sounded like it
was going to explode...and because their boat leaned on its bumpers, it
vibrated the dock...I think they're great when you're out cruising or
making passage, but if you're parked on a dock where people live aboard,
they can be quite an annoyance....especially if there are several
twirling around at the same time...running your engine qt the dock to
charge your battery is stupid...what a waste of fuel...get a trickle
charger and plug it in...